From: "Ketan Kothari" <muktaketan@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 18:14
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] OT: How to delete huge number of messages from
gmailinboxat onceusing JAWS

The problem is that I have several thousands of mails that I wish to
ddelete. Now the steps told by Samara only deletes 20 conversations
(at the most 100 mails). How do I delete huge numbers? Thank you

On 11/20/11, Samara Raine <samararaine@gmail.com> wrote:
Originally posted by Bill White. I've used this and it does work. Just be
sure to delete the filter.

How to create a filter in your gmail account which will delete large
groups
of messages in your inbox.

1. Sign into your gmail account using Internet Explorer.

2. Press Insert+F7 to open the links list.

3. Press the letter S until you hear Settings, then press Enter.

4. Press Insert+F7 to open the links list again.

5. Press the letter C until you hear Create a filter, and then press
Enter.

6. Press the letter F until you hear From: Edit.

7. In this field, type *@*

8. Press Tab until you hear: Next Step Button and press the space bar.

9. When the next page loads, press the letter X until you hear: Delete it
Check Box Not Checked. Press the space bar to check this item.

10. Press the letter X until you hear: Also apply filter to 20
conversations
below Check Box Not Checked, and press the space bar to check this item.

11. Press Tab until you hear: Create Filter Button, and press the space
bar.
Your filter should now be created.

12. After your filter is created, press Insert+F7, then the letter I to be
taken back to your inbox where you will see all of your messages still
there
in your inbox.

13. Close Internet Explorer to exit out of the gmail web page.

14. Sign into your gmail account using Internet Explorer again.

15. Go to your inbox, where you should see that it is empty.

16. Press Insert+F7 to open the links list.

17. Press the letter S until you hear Settings, then press Enter.

18. Press F7 for the links list, then press the letter F until you hear
Filters, and press Enter.

19. Press the letter B until you hear: Delete It Button. Press the space
bar.

20. When the page loads, you will hear JAWS say: Your filter has been
deleted.

21. Be sure to do steps 14 through 18, or all of your e-mail will continue
to be deleted and sent to the trash.

Samara

Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktaketan@hotmail.com
Skype ID: Ketan3333

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

or just sit there and take the time to get rid of them in batches. yes it's annoying. heh you won't let them pile up like that again I bet!

At 10:29 PM 11/19/2011, you wrote:
Keatan,

If you have that many messages, then call Google Tech Support and ask them
to do it for you. Or else close your Google Mail account, and open a new
one.
Obviously not a JAWS issue.

Dave Carlson
[...]

Clear True Sound