Google Music accessibility

John Martyn

Since this is a new topic and one that could use some attention, Google now
has a music interface to allow you to manage your music and allow you to
upload your library to access anywhere. The application that you download is
completely inaccessible. I might as well jump on this one while it is still
hot and see what I can do since this sounds like a cool thing we should be
able to access now that the android platform is starting to bloom in
accessibility. I'm sure there is an iTunes store app to access this content
so if you know of such an application, speak up.

I'll be jumping on this project right away so there will probably be a new
list created to for beta testing.

Anyone else have some interest in this?

John Martyn

Drew Hunthausen

This sounds very interesting and very useful. I'd love a tool where I could
keep and organize all my music without a lot of access issues.

Since this is a new topic and one that could use some attention, Google now
has a music interface to allow you to manage your music and allow you to
upload your library to access anywhere. The application that you download is
completely inaccessible. I might as well jump on this one while it is still
hot and see what I can do since this sounds like a cool thing we should be
able to access now that the android platform is starting to bloom in
accessibility. I'm sure there is an iTunes store app to access this content
so if you know of such an application, speak up.

I'll be jumping on this project right away so there will probably be a new
list created to for beta testing.

Anyone else have some interest in this?

John Martyn

John Martyn

Well, it doesn't appear very accessible at all. Not even JAWS cursor. I can
access some window elements but nothing friendly. I'll keep playing with it.
It might be something JAWS 13 might be able to handle if the graphical
elements are readable. Perhaps the OCR might be able to do something.
It will just need some playing around, but at this point, I don't see this
as something we can even code.
John Martyn

[...]

It does sound interesting, but it is not meant to be. Google has completely
made this inaccessible. JAWS 13 might be able to do something with the OCR
scanner but it is out of scripting range. I'll bring it up with some friends
in high places and see what they have to say.
John

[...]

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

I'm definitely interested, although I'm not a scripter.
It amazes me that Google, who seem to be all about universal access to all information, by anyone, from anywhere, routinely develop inaccessible applications. GoogleDocs comes to mind as an example. Really bizarre!

Chris

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

Rick Roderick <rickrod@...>

Google Chrome is another example. And Apple, who has so many accessible
devices, has done nothing about the accessibility of Safari.

George B

knowing how google thinks they are most likely going to come out with a
screen reader / voice but will want money for it lol

Google Chrome is another example. And Apple, who has so many
accessible
devices, has done nothing about the accessibility of Safari.

Adrian Spratt

George, to quote so many messages you've posted, is this now a chat room?

knowing how google thinks they are most likely going to come out with a
screen reader / voice but will want money for it lol

Google Chrome is another example. And Apple, who has so many
accessible devices, has done nothing about the accessibility of
Safari.

George B

actually i live by their main building and have a lot of friends who work
for them. so you can take it how you wish have a good day

George, to quote so many messages you've posted, is this now a chat
room?

knowing how google thinks they are most likely going to come out with a
screen reader / voice but will want money for it lol

Google Chrome is another example. And Apple, who has so many
accessible devices, has done nothing about the accessibility of
Safari.

Dave...

Yep. Chatty today, all right.
Dave Carlson

actually i live by their main building and have a lot of friends who work
for them. so you can take it how you wish have a good day

George, to quote so many messages you've posted, is this now a chat
room?

knowing how google thinks they are most likely going to come out with a
screen reader / voice but will want money for it lol

Google Chrome is another example. And Apple, who has so many
accessible devices, has done nothing about the accessibility of
Safari.

Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonboy13@...>

Google will never make a screen reader better than Jaws. They won't take my repeated suggestions to allow a blind person to be on their accessibility teem and they think they can create another language from what we use now. (Right arrows don't go right and up and down arrows don't really move by line... Do blind people use anything of Google's other than Gmail and the search engine?
I wonder why they don't use what's already out there in regard to screen readers rather than try to develop their own? Because Jaws despite what some might say is still far better than Sappi or the windows text to speech application and is miles beyond what any sighted person could develop.
I would just like to see the big corporations like Google and Facebook get a good screen reader user to make accessible all applications from the start.
Wonder why Freedom Scientific and Google haven't gotten together to create accessible applications? Personally I would like to see that happening rather than another release of Jaws.
thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs