From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of John Vernaleken
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:47 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support mailing list
Subject: JAWS 13 and IE9

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

Dean Martineau <dean@...>

I use that combination, and it generally works. I don't know what you were
using before. Using the latest versions of Internet Explorer has for me
been slightly more difficult than the earlier ones were, but the web is more
complex and security demands are higher, so there is no going back.

One definite difference you will note is in the download process. You use
the info bar, alt+n, to initiate a download, and ctrl+j to check download
status.
Dean

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

John Vernaleken <jfv508@...>

Yes, I am on Windows 7.

John

Can we assume yours is a Windows 7 system? IE9 isn't designed to work with
XP.

For what it's worth, while I don't use IE9, I believe comments on this list
have been positive.

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

I really have not noticed a great deal of difference between IE 9 and earlier versions except for that nasty tool bar thing, but that was introduced in an earlier version. I cannot remember just when. As we have learned on this list, getting stuck in it is a real drag, though control plus F-6 seems to do the trick in getting out of the darned thing.
Sometimes, however, drop down things can get triggered. Then, it is a mess to get rid of them. So, for instance, I frequently trigger the "favorites" tab. This is not the Favorites menu with which we are all familiar. It is something else and messes up everything, particularly in Google Docs (and yes, I'm still struggling with Google Docs, albeit only when I absolutely have to).
I managed to get rid of the favorites tab at one time, but haven't been able to do it since.
Really, Freedom Scientific should send out some kind of disclaimer or something. Perhaps it has, and I've just missed it. If I had a choice, I would go back to a version of IE that didn't have that tool bar thingy -- at least until Freedom Scientific comes up with a strategy to deal with it.

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
Thank you.
#############################################################################################################

Peter Holdstock <ptrholdstock@...>

If your getting stuck in the navigation bar I would suggest it's simply because you are not using it correctly. I have never got stuck in it and don't find any problems. Have a look at the latest help within jaws for guidance.

Peter

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

Dean Martineau <dean@...>

Ctrl+shift+I toggles the Favorites Center.

Dean

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE
IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES
UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#################################
recipient(s) above and may contain information
E-mail message.
Thank you.

Ann Byrne

If you use save-target-as instead of the download link, it looks a lot like I.E. 8.

At 02:00 PM 11/17/2011, you wrote:
I use that combination, and it generally works. I don't know what you were
using before. Using the latest versions of Internet Explorer has for me
been slightly more difficult than the earlier ones were, but the web is more
complex and security demands are higher, so there is no going back.

One definite difference you will note is in the download process. You use
the info bar, alt+n, to initiate a download, and ctrl+j to check download
status.
Dean

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;
Alt+n, and tab to save is quite easy to do.

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is
using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

Matthew Bullis <matthewbullis@...>

If you get to the training materials section of Jaws 12 from the FS web page, there's an explanation and demonstration of how to use IE9. It looks like you'll need to download the mp3 file or the Daisy book manually from their site, since Jaws13 only has books pertaining to that release.
Matthew

Dave...

Matthew,
To whom are you addressing this answer?

Dave Carlson

If you get to the training materials section of Jaws 12 from the FS web
page, there's an explanation and demonstration of how to use IE9. It looks
like you'll need to download the mp3 file or the Daisy book manually from
their site, since Jaws13 only has books pertaining to that release.
Matthew

Matthew Bullis <matthewbullis@...>

It was to whomever could use the info.
Matthew

Rose Combs <rosecombs@...>

No problems here with Jaws 13 and IE 9. Some minor differences, sure, but
no problems.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

Bhavesh

No no! please don't use jaws with IE 9, because it doesn't announce
progress bar, even if you check the status bar from the view menu.

On 11/17/11, Rose Combs <rosecombs@q.com> wrote:
No problems here with Jaws 13 and IE 9. Some minor differences, sure, but
no problems.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

Rose Combs <rosecombs@...>

Mine does? In fact sometimes it is more of an annoyance than a help.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

Decided to ask this before I do anything.

I am using JAWS 13 (Latest update) and want to know if anybody is
using
IE9 and if there are any problems with it before I install it.

Thanks

John

John Vernaleken <jfv508@...>

I also hear the Progress Bar. Updated to IE9.

John