From: SingingHearts
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:04 AM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: Removing Older Versions of JFW

Is it possible to remove older versions of JFW without adversely
effecting the current version in use? If so, how? When I try to use
the add/remove feature in the control panel, the installation wizard
starts to come up. Obviously I'm not interested in that since I'm
trying to uninstall it.

Perplexed,
Tina C., who's trying to streamline things on her terribly cluttered desktop PC

--
"And he (Jesus) said, The things which are impossible with men are
possible with God."

Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard

Adrian Spratt

Tina,

First, instead of removing via add/remove programs in the control panel, go
to the version of JAWS you want in the programs menu. Click on that version
and arrow down to "uninstall." The wizard will take you through the process.

Second, my computer completely crashed when I removed JAWS 8, and I couldn't
get my later versions to read after that. I had to call on a computer
consultant for help, and he couldn't do so from a remote location because my
computer wouldn't boot up far enough. Other listers report similar
experiences when removing 8 and, as I recall, 7. I suggest you call on
sighted Assistance to ensure the versions of JAWS you keep still work after
the uninstall.

Is it possible to remove older versions of JFW without adversely effecting
the current version in use? If so, how? When I try to use the add/remove
feature in the control panel, the installation wizard starts to come up.
Obviously I'm not interested in that since I'm trying to uninstall it.

Perplexed,
Tina C., who's trying to streamline things on her terribly cluttered desktop
PC

--
"And he (Jesus) said, The things which are impossible with men are possible
with God."
Luke 18:27 KJV

Marsha <marcatony@...>

HI
I still have Jaws 7 with my XP. Believe it or not, there are still things
I can do with Jaws 7 that I am not able to do with other versions. This is
one reason I don't want to upgrade to Windows 7.

Marsha

Lois

When you go into the add/remove programs on the control panel and tell it to remove a version of JAWS, it will act like it's going to install it; but a few steps along, it will tell you it is removing it and will ask if you wish to keep associated files. If this worries you, allowing the files to remain on your system will not harm anything. But it will eventually remove what you have requested to be removed.
Hope this helps.
Lois Goodine.