some useful information;

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Good afternoon to all;

I hope the following will be of some help to someone.
I just got finished helping one of my clients with updating her jaws.

She contacted me saying "My jaws just won't update!
No matter what I do!
So I gave her a call,
She's right, her jaws wouldn't update,
Until I turned off the UAC in vista.
Once I turned off the UAC? Boom, her jaws was immediately activated, once we
went to the activation over the internet.
Now I'm not implying that this is for all cases, however, if one runs into
the same difficulty, I would turn off the UAC, your computer will need to
restart,
Then activate,
Go through the startup wizard,
Once everything is okay,
Turn back on the UAC,
And restart the computer.
Note, make sure you have the jaws13 set to start.

Hope this will be helpful for someone.

Have a good day.

Drew Hunthausen

What is the UAC? thanks

[...]

Soronel Haetir

User Access Control,

Microsoft added it to windows starting with Vista then toned it down a
little with windows 7. It helps solve the problem of users basically
needing an administrator rights account to use their personal
computers but that providing so much access it leaves them open to
numerous attack vectors. With UAC enabled an administrator account
only has elevated permissions at discrete times rather than always,
and the user is asked whether certain programs should be allowed to
perform system modifying actions. Unfortunately jaws still hasn't
quite caught up to this new reality.

On 11/5/11, Drew Hunthausen <dhunthausen@gmail.com> wrote:
What is the UAC? thanks

[...]

soronel.haetir@gmail.com

djasister@...

How do I make sure that I can do what I can on my account?

[...]

How do you turn this off in win 7? Thanks so much for the info

[...]

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

UAC stands for User Account Control.

At 09:50 PM 11/5/2011, you wrote:
What is the UAC? thanks

[...]

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

Dave...

Drew,

Not sure, but it is possible. Go to a Windows 7 list or a windows for blind
list and ask; I'm sure someone there will be able to give you an answer.

Dave Carlson

[...]

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Turning off the UAC in win seven do the following.

Windows key for the start menu, in the search field type in user accounts
and press enter on the result user accounts.

In the following screen, tab until you hear change user account control
settings and press enter.
Now tab to the notification level slider.
It will be set to 66 by default, so use your down arrow key to 0.
After doing that tab to ok and you are done.

[...]

Go to control panel -> User Accounts, on the window that comes up
there is a "Change User Access Control settings" link.

I would, however, highly recommend that you only disable UAC for tasks
that absolutely require it, like updating the jaws authorization.
After performing whatever incompatible task is complete I would
strongly urge that you re-enable UAC.

[...]

Hello there;

To turn off the UAC in windows7 do the following;

1, go to the start menu edit box,
Type in UAC,
Then you can enter on the user account control;
Now, you can set it to zero,
You will then be prompted to restart computer, say yes,
Once computer has restarted UAC is not on,
Again, I say, once your finished a task,
I would perform the same steps, and reactivate the UAC,
I believe the default is 66%, I set mine to 100,
Note, I am not saying you set to 100,
It's just my preference.
Have a good day.