From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:51 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: How to mute certain keys

Hi,

In version I had certain keys muted -- enter, shift, alt and tab. But I
can't remember how I accomplished that.

Could someone post the steps to mute keys?

Thanks,
Kim

Dave...

Kim,

Settings Center
Ctrl+Shift+d for the default config type Key Label in the search field
Enter on that
Press the button.
In the list, you can toggle the speak/mute state of many keys with Alt+T as
you arrow through the list.
Press OK to save your settings, and of course save the config.

Note that these setting *do not* get merged over when you update to a new
JAWS version. Also they are clobbered even if you just install a minor
update. Frustrating, as it takes time to go through the whole darn list
every darn time there's an upgrade, since it's buried in the default
configuration file.

I've already posted this to
FS as something they should have fixed years ago.

Dave Carlson

In version I had certain keys muted -- enter, shift, alt and tab. But
I can't remember how I accomplished that.

Could someone post the steps to mute keys?

Thanks,
Kim

Kimber Gardner

Thanks, but what I want is to mute certain specific keys like enter,
shift, alt and tab rather than turning off the whole keyboard.

Kim

On 10/27/11, Charles Coe <charlesmar@comcast.net> wrote:
Insert 2 will silent keys Just press the insert 2 until you hear "none".

In version I had certain keys muted -- enter, shift, alt and tab. But I
can't remember how I accomplished that.

Could someone post the steps to mute keys?

Thanks,
Kim

Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

Thanks Dave. That's what I was looking for.

On 10/27/11, Farfar on Laptop <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
[...]

You're welcome. I've become and expert, after re-doing this so many times.

Dave Carlson

In version I had certain keys muted -- enter, shift, alt and tab. But
I can't remember how I accomplished that.

Could someone post the steps to mute keys?

Thanks,
Kim

Kimberly

Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@...>

hi there,

I cannot find setting center. Please show me

thank you very much

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

In version I had certain keys muted -- enter, shift, alt and tab. But
I can't remember how I accomplished that.

Could someone post the steps to mute keys?

Thanks,
Kim

Charles Coe

Hi,

Insert plus F2 then type letter S until you hear "Setting Center".

Hope this will help.

Charles

In version I had certain keys muted -- enter, shift, alt and tab. But
I can't remember how I accomplished that.

Could someone post the steps to mute keys?

Thanks,
Kim

Rose Combs <rosecombs@...>

You go into the setting center and look for keyboard thee is a list of about
84 items each has a mute button. I do this every time to mute the space
bar, I can't begin to type when all I am really hearing is space, space.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com