From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Sugar
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:56 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support mailing list
Subject: needing suggestions

ok, I know this product is very old, but was and still is handy for me.
I have "The Parrot-voice mate"
and I have been authorized to pick and choose something to replace this and
not have to payf or it..smile
I am not all that familiar with other tech. items that helps record,
address...or similar things as the voice mate
I was asked to research for something I can use, so does anyone have any
suggestions?
I have heard of victor stream..., plex talk, booksensext,
any assistance would be appreciated, to help me out choose something.
thanks
sugar

'Real faith is not just receiving from God,
the things you want.
Real faith, is accepting from God the things He gives.'
~Be Blessed, Sugar

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

Hi, I would use it for a recorder, address book, and caculator,
over all, it is and would be used to take notes, record minutes, and not having to log around my lap top
rather hand held, not to large
hope I am making myself clear
sugar

"I love them that love me;
and those that seek me early shall find me"
Proverbs 8:17.
~Sugar

ok, I know this product is very old, but was and still is handy for me.
I have "The Parrot-voice mate"
and I have been authorized to pick and choose something to replace this and
not have to payf or it..smile
I am not all that familiar with other tech. items that helps record,
address...or similar things as the voice mate
I was asked to research for something I can use, so does anyone have any
suggestions?
I have heard of victor stream..., plex talk, booksensext,
any assistance would be appreciated, to help me out choose something.
thanks
sugar

'Real faith is not just receiving from God,
the things you want.
Real faith, is accepting from God the things He gives.'
~Be Blessed, Sugar

Drew Hunthausen

You need something like a note taker rather than just a voice recorder . I
would suggest either the voice sense or voice note if you don't need a
Braille display. These divices have all the components you mentioned. Let me
know if you have any more questions.

ok, I know this product is very old, but was and still is handy for me.
I have "The Parrot-voice mate"
and I have been authorized to pick and choose something to replace this
and
not have to payf or it..smile
I am not all that familiar with other tech. items that helps record,
address...or similar things as the voice mate
I was asked to research for something I can use, so does anyone have any
suggestions?
I have heard of victor stream..., plex talk, booksensext,
any assistance would be appreciated, to help me out choose something.
thanks
sugar

'Real faith is not just receiving from God,
the things you want.
Real faith, is accepting from God the things He gives.'
~Be Blessed, Sugar

Gerald Levy

And how does this all relate to JAWS?

Gerald

ok, I know this product is very old, but was and still is handy for me.
I have "The Parrot-voice mate"
and I have been authorized to pick and choose something to replace this and
not have to payf or it..smile
I am not all that familiar with other tech. items that helps record,
address...or similar things as the voice mate
I was asked to research for something I can use, so does anyone have any
suggestions?
I have heard of victor stream..., plex talk, booksensext,
any assistance would be appreciated, to help me out choose something.
thanks
sugar

'Real faith is not just receiving from God,
the things you want.
Real faith, is accepting from God the things He gives.'
~Be Blessed, Sugar

Dave...

Gerald,

It does not. BTW I have a nice Panasonic pocket recorder for just that
non-JAWS purpose, but no calendar.
Dave Carlson

[...]

oh thanks for being so compassionate..smile
write me off list andI will continue my questions
sorry to owenr, and mods and members, for asking questions on what proabaly is not a jaws question
[...]

Sugar,

I'd reply off-list, but isn't working.

An audio recorder isn't going to help with address books and calculators.
Now you're talking about a smart phone, which is also going to get Gerald
and a few others torqued, as still off-topic.
An
Dave Carlson

ok, I know this product is very old, but was and still is handy for me.
I have "The Parrot-voice mate"
and I have been authorized to pick and choose something to replace this
and
not have to payf or it..smile
I am not all that familiar with other tech. items that helps record,
address...or similar things as the voice mate
I was asked to research for something I can use, so does anyone have any
suggestions?
I have heard of victor stream..., plex talk, booksensext,
any assistance would be appreciated, to help me out choose something.
thanks
sugar

'Real faith is not just receiving from God,
the things you want.
Real faith, is accepting from God the things He gives.'
~Be Blessed, Sugar

Dave Scrimenti <dscrimenti@...>

How about an iPod touch?

ok, I know this product is very old, but was and still is handy for me.
I have "The Parrot-voice mate"
and I have been authorized to pick and choose something to replace this and
not have to payf or it..smile
I am not all that familiar with other tech. items that helps record,
address...or similar things as the voice mate
I was asked to research for something I can use, so does anyone have any
suggestions?
I have heard of victor stream..., plex talk, booksensext,
any assistance would be appreciated, to help me out choose something.
thanks
sugar

'Real faith is not just receiving from God,
the things you want.
Real faith, is accepting from God the things He gives.'
~Be Blessed, Sugar

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

is this very blind friendly
[...]

smile
thanks so much
I do appreciate the help of other blind "friends"
[...]

Charles Coe

Is it tape or digital?