JAWS Scripting for a new application

John Martyn

Hi all,
While I wrap up some last minute scripting projects, I am looking for a new
application to script. I won't be doing any financial applications or office
applications this time, but any other suggestions are welcome.
I've gotten rather quick at doing this so challenges are also welcome.
John Martyn

Dave...

John,

I'm struggling with the interface with Logitech Harmony Remote. It allows a
single remote to be programmed to issue a series of commands in sequence, to
simplify the control of separate audio/video components.

The initial launch, installation, and the ultimate web interface are all
very inaccessible, even with JAWS 13's OCR.

Off-list I can "loan" you the files to install, but unfortunately in order
to get it running, you need an actual Harmony remote connected via USB. A
long shot, I know, but what a great tool to have for the VI.

Dave Carlson

While I wrap up some last minute scripting projects, I am looking for a new
application to script. I won't be doing any financial applications or office
applications this time, but any other suggestions are welcome.
I've gotten rather quick at doing this so challenges are also welcome.
John Martyn

michael grove <attackfisherman1@...>

So why not do one for access 10? I have to take the class in school and
jaws won't read most of it. Mike

While I wrap up some last minute scripting projects, I am looking for a new
application to script. I won't be doing any financial applications or office
applications this time, but any other suggestions are welcome.
I've gotten rather quick at doing this so challenges are also welcome.
John Martyn

Peter Holdstock <ptrholdstock@...>

John, any hints yet on the app you said you were already scripting?

Peter

While I wrap up some last minute scripting projects, I am looking for a new
application to script. I won't be doing any financial applications or office
applications this time, but any other suggestions are welcome.
I've gotten rather quick at doing this so challenges are also welcome.
John Martyn

Peter Holdstock <ptrholdstock@...>

Do many VI people have those remotes? I don't and I'm not sure how many others will either. How much do they cost? I'm assuming not cheap and since the majortiy of blind people don't work I suspect uptake for this will be low. Of course I appreciate how it will be useful to those who do have the remotes though!

Peter

While I wrap up some last minute scripting projects, I am looking for a new
application to script. I won't be doing any financial applications or office
applications this time, but any other suggestions are welcome.
I've gotten rather quick at doing this so challenges are also welcome.
John Martyn

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Melodyne, pitch and rhythm correction software made by Celemony, would be great to have access to. That really only would be useful to those of us who record, mix or master music though.
www.celemony.com

Chris

At 02:21 PM 10/23/2011, you wrote:
Hi all,
While I wrap up some last minute scripting projects, I am looking for a new
application to script. I won't be doing any financial applications or office
applications this time, but any other suggestions are welcome.
I've gotten rather quick at doing this so challenges are also welcome.
John Martyn

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Ok, so with most of the Office applications scripted for, not to mention iTunes, and the various parts of Windows, what else would the masses of unemployed blind folks with limitted incomes like access to?
With the basics that most people want to use daily covered, we're probably going to move into more specialized applications that not as many people require. If said application is something that some of us who work or are trying to find work need access to, maybe we should donate a little cash to John for his hard work and probably hundreds of hours spent scripting. Just a thought. Of course, any donations would be voluntary.

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Or, here's another idea: take a particular job that blind folks are finding employment in, and make sure the most commonly used application for that job is scripted. I've never worked in a callccenter, but is there a particular software package the larger call center operators tend to use?

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

At the risk of starting a conflagration of controversy, I would like to support the notion that John should get some remuneration for his hard work -- even if he charged for scripts.
I know I would pay significantly for a set of scripts that made Google Docs accessable, though I think that is not feasible.
The biggest single area of inaccessibility I encounter on my job is with respect to on-line collaboration. I have clients who regularly send invitations to go-to-meeting sessions where a document will be on the screen, albeit from the client's computer. We will be on the phone together, and sometimes the client will make edits he wants me to review, and sometimes he will say simply, "Here, I'll give you control. Why don't you revise this section on indemnification?"
I accomplish this only with the assistance of my sighted secretary. Without her presence, I would be sunk.
Serotek has something called Accessable Event, but that really doesn't cut it.
Again, this may be an application of limited applicability, but I run into it all the time, and document collaboration is becoming more and more popular. I hear ads for Go-To-Meeting almost every time I tune into XM Radio, and note the popularity of Google Docs, not just because it is cheap, but also because it offers collaboration.
This may simply be impossible and not everyone needs it, but if you need it, you need it bad.

Ok, so with most of the Office applications scripted for, not to
mention iTunes, and the various parts of Windows, what else would
the masses of unemployed blind folks with limitted incomes like
access to?
With the basics that most people want to use daily covered, we're
probably going to move into more specialized applications that not
as many people require. If said application is something that some
of us who work or are trying to find work need access to, maybe we
should donate a little cash to John for his hard work and probably
hundreds of hours spent scripting. Just a thought. Of course, any
donations would be voluntary.

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
Thank you.
#############################################################################################################

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Let's not forget that Jaws is an acronym for Job Access With Speech, or at least that was the original idea. :)

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

John Martyn

I cannot release any information on the current application scripted nor any
information as to a release of that. But thanks for noticing.
John

John, any hints yet on the app you said you were already scripting?

Peter

While I wrap up some last minute scripting projects, I am looking for a new
application to script. I won't be doing any financial applications or office
applications this time, but any other suggestions are welcome.
I've gotten rather quick at doing this so challenges are also welcome.
John Martyn

John Martyn

I recall using a harmony remote before I lost my vision. As I recall, it was
a web application. Has this changed into an actual application or is it
still web interface?
John

While I wrap up some last minute scripting projects, I am looking for a new
application to script. I won't be doing any financial applications or office
applications this time, but any other suggestions are welcome.
I've gotten rather quick at doing this so challenges are also welcome.
John Martyn

Drew Hunthausen

I'll second the need and want for Google docs. I'm a college student, and
there's been several times this semester when one of my class mates suggests
that he puts a group project we're working on in Google docs so we can work
on it at home. Unfortunately I have to tell him that I can't access it.

Ok, so with most of the Office applications scripted for, not to
mention iTunes, and the various parts of Windows, what else would
the masses of unemployed blind folks with limitted incomes like
access to?
With the basics that most people want to use daily covered, we're
probably going to move into more specialized applications that not
as many people require. If said application is something that some
of us who work or are trying to find work need access to, maybe we
should donate a little cash to John for his hard work and probably
hundreds of hours spent scripting. Just a thought. Of course, any
donations would be voluntary.

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE
IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES
UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#################################
recipient(s) above and may contain information
E-mail message.
Thank you.

John Martyn

As far as funding goes, we'll wait a few weeks on this as I have some other
things brewing. I was thinking about a music sound editor, but isn't
soundforge already scripted? I wonder what the price of the software would
be too since some of us have limited funds. I am hoping I can keep my
scripts free actually. I'll find out in the weeks to come.
John

Ok, so with most of the Office applications scripted for, not to
mention iTunes, and the various parts of Windows, what else would the
masses of unemployed blind folks with limitted incomes like access to?
With the basics that most people want to use daily covered, we're probably
going to move into more specialized applications that not as many people
require. If said application is something that some of us who work or are
trying to find work need access to, maybe we should donate a little cash to
John for his hard work and probably hundreds of hours spent scripting. Just
a thought. Of course, any donations would be voluntary.

REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY,
INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN
TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING
PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#################################
recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney
work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete
this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Juan Pablo <jpculasso@...>

Soundforge and sonar are alreadi scripted. In my opinion a good scripts could be a monster software like protools for windows or the izotope RX

[...]

Audacity is free and accessible. Sound Forge has already been well-scripted. jSonar and CakeTalking are two scripts packages for Sonar. So, we have access to audio editors I'd say. Oh, I forgot Reaper and Reaper Access in that list.
Chris

At 03:47 PM 10/23/2011, you wrote:
[...]

Google Docs seems to be a hot topic as far as accessibility. I do have some
background information on that, but I'll have to make a call to someone that
is related to google's business. We might not have to script this
application.
John

[...]

Juan, Protools for Windows is apparently really flaky. It is partly accessible on the Mac though if you want to switch.

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

Juan Pablo <jpculasso@...>

Yepp, I know about that. Unfortunately switching to a mac only in a far future.

Juan, Protools for Windows is apparently really flaky. It is partly accessible on the Mac though if you want to switch.

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

Peter Holdstock <ptrholdstock@...>

I think all of us agree that John should get some recompense for his work and I think many offered to pay something for the fnatastic Itunes scripts. Perhaps having a paypal link on his site would be a good idea for voluntary contributions although if he came up with realistic prices I'd be happy to consider whether I need the product or not.

Peter