Topics

Firefox and Crashes

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

By the way, if you're finding that Firefox crashes on you on certain sites containing flash, check out this bulletin.
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.asp?QC=1410

Chris

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

Marsha <marcatony@...>

HI
Does Firefox 7 crash any less than Firefox 6?

Marsha

douglas richard dexheimer

Recently I started having problems changing the about:config file to make Firefox more responsive on sites that use Flash content. Once I type in the URL and select the "I'll be careful" button, my system sort of locks where it is, and I can't tab to the filter editfield, or it takes a long struggle to get there. There's a warning message saying changing these settings could harm my computer or affect my privacy. I should be sure of what I'm doing before continuing. As I'm tabbing through the fields I hear "search bookmarks and history," "search using ask," "about:config tab," etc., like the site is trying to load and not responding. Anyone have an idea how to fix this whenever I need to change the configurations in my browser? Thanks.
By the way, I've been having to change Firefox versions from time to time to listen to certain audio streaming sites that don't work on a newer version of FF, and have to check the config file to make sure it's set to false.
Regarding trying to install the Adobe Flash Player I was having trouble with, my brother did it remotely with a software program called LogMeIn; he clicked on the appropriate button using a mouse and got the player downloaded successfully for me. It looks like the plugin finder or Flash installer is totally inaccessible for the blind user. Thanks one and all for your feedback and suggestions for making things more accessible to people using the keyboard and a screenreader. God bless.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-901-7306
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@...

By the way, if you're finding that Firefox crashes on you on certain sites containing flash, check out this bulletin.
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.asp?QC=1410

Chris

douglas richard dexheimer

Over a year ago I mentioned that when I visit sites containg flash content, using IE, I get a crash and error report dialog. My question never got answered; Dave just sent a blank reply, and when I asked what he said, there was no further discussion.
How do I configure IE so it won't crash when I go to sites using Flash? Thanks.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-901-7306
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@...

By the way, if you're finding that Firefox crashes on you on certain sites containing flash, check out this bulletin.
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.asp?QC=1410

Chris

Bill White

I use firefox 13, and I found that to make flash work with websites, it is necessary to use the non-Internet Explorer versions of flash player available through adobe.com or from oldapps.com

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7358 (20120805) __________

http://www.eset.com