question about downloading music

Fran McCormick <rebos705@...>

hello,
this is the first time i am posting a question to you guys. do you know of any free music downloading programs that will work easily with jaws. appreciate any information you can give me.

thanks
fran.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Downloading music for free is not legal.
Now if you meant software that is free but that allows you to pay for and download music, sure. Try amazon.com or iTunes.

At 05:29 PM 10/12/2011, you wrote:
hello,
this is the first time i am posting a question to you guys. do you know of any free music downloading programs that will work easily with jaws. appreciate any information you can give me.

thanks
fran.

Clear True Sound
www.ctsmastering.com
and be sure to "like us" on Facebook:

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Sure, downloading music for free is legal...just not copyrighted music, except under certain circumstances.

DC++ and Soulseek are fine programmes that both seem to work reasonably well with jaws, should you wish to try them. There are also many public domain music websites that you can spend time perusing, but don't expect to find anything you would hear on most radio stations, for example.

Downloading music for free is not legal.
Now if you meant software that is free but that allows you to pay for and download music, sure. Try amazon.com or iTunes.

At 05:29 PM 10/12/2011, you wrote:
hello,
this is the first time i am posting a question to you guys. do you know of any free music downloading programs that will work easily with jaws. appreciate any information you can give me.

thanks
fran.

John Martyn

Also, try out the rhapsody blind scripts.
John

At 09:04 PM 10/12/2011, you wrote:
Sure, downloading music for free is legal...just not copyrighted music,
Ok, but the vast majority of people using p2p file sharing apps are doing so to share copyrighted works. Do you have numbers that say otherwise?

Chris

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

No, not at all, but does it really matter? We're not the arbiters of what software this person can or cannot use...

Sure, downloading music for free is legal...just not copyrighted music,
Ok, but the vast majority of people using p2p file sharing apps are doing so to share copyrighted works. Do you have numbers that say otherwise?

Chris

Dave Scrimenti <dscrimenti@...>

Well, the vast majority of people buying whipped cream chargers may be doing it to get high on nitrous, but that doesn't mean you can't buy them to make whipped cream.

Sure, downloading music for free is legal...just not copyrighted music,
Ok, but the vast majority of people using p2p file sharing apps are doing so to share copyrighted works. Do you have numbers that say otherwise?

Chris

Karen Hughes <khughes8@...>

you can burn your own c ds on to i tunes and have them on file. i did this and find it very helpful. there is no point in having all these cdds sitting collecting dust in your family room. karen

Downloading music for free is not legal.
Now if you meant software that is free but that allows you to pay for and download music, sure. Try amazon.com or iTunes.

At 05:29 PM 10/12/2011, you wrote:
hello,
this is the first time i am posting a question to you guys. do you know of any free music downloading programs that will work easily with jaws. appreciate any information you can give me.

thanks
fran.

Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@...>

Can you explain how you burn onto iTunes and keep on file?
Loreal

you can burn your own c ds on to i tunes and have them on file. i did this
and find it very helpful. there is no point in having all these cdds sitting
collecting dust in your family room. karen
Downloading music for free is not legal.
Now if you meant software that is free but that allows you to pay for
and download music, sure. Try amazon.com or iTunes.

At 05:29 PM 10/12/2011, you wrote:
hello,
this is the first time i am posting a question to you guys. do you
know of any free music downloading programs that will work easily with
jaws.
appreciate any information you can give me.

thanks
fran.

Karen Hughes <khughes8@...>

download i tunes for free and they explain how it works. just type in i tunes and you should get this information when you are on the net. karen

Can you explain how you burn onto iTunes and keep on file?
Loreal

you can burn your own c ds on to i tunes and have them on file. i did this
and find it very helpful. there is no point in having all these cdds sitting
collecting dust in your family room. karen
Downloading music for free is not legal.
Now if you meant software that is free but that allows you to pay for
and download music, sure. Try amazon.com or iTunes.

At 05:29 PM 10/12/2011, you wrote:
hello,
this is the first time i am posting a question to you guys. do you
know of any free music downloading programs that will work easily with
jaws.
appreciate any information you can give me.

thanks
fran.

Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@...>

I have iTunes already. I know how to burn cds onto actual discs. If I
guess I'm confused on what you're referring to.
Loreal

download i tunes for free and they explain how it works. just type in i
tunes and you should get this information when you are on the net. karen

Can you explain how you burn onto iTunes and keep on file?
Loreal

Downloading music for free is not legal.
Now if you meant software that is free but that allows you to pay for
and download music, sure. Try amazon.com or iTunes.

At 05:29 PM 10/12/2011, you wrote:
hello,
this is the first time i am posting a question to you guys. do you
know of any free music downloading programs that will work easily with
jaws.
appreciate any information you can give me.

thanks
fran.

George B

well some do not have a clue it is not burn it is copy / inport music to
iTunes

[...]

Dave...

She's referring to Importing into iTunes. In other applications like
Windows Media Player it's called ripping.

Burning is, as you surmise, the opposite -- place music on to a CD media.

Hope this clears it up.

Dave Carlson

[...]

Run iTunes. Put CD in Drive. Either iTunes will ask you if you want to import the CD, or you simply tell it to do so. That's how simple it is.

At 08:25 AM 10/13/2011, you wrote:
[...]

we're not talking about burning, but importing from cd's you own. The term here is not burning, but ripping the audio from the physical CD's and encoding it to mp3, AAC or some other compressed format.

Chris