From my Dell Latitude 630.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Onward Bob" <onwardbob@roadrunner.com>
To: "jfw help list" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:00
Subject: PDF

It's been awhile, but shouldn't I be able to open a PDF doc. I'm using JAWS
8 with XP and hoping to open a users manual for my new clock radio. I'd like
to copy that PDF to MS word...is it possible?

Adrian Spratt

Or JAWS 8 with an independent OCR package, such as OmniPage, Kurzweil,
OpenBook, etc. Advice you've given many a lister.

Not if it's a graphical image. There's where you need to use JAWS 13 with
the new built-in OCR.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

sandy stegmayer <ssteg@...>

From: "Adrian Spratt" Dave,

I have not yet downloaded version 13. Are you saying that it will read those pesky PDF files that are jpeg and I get the message "Alert document empty"?

Sandy
<Adrian@AdrianSpratt.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:52 PM
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Or JAWS 8 with an independent OCR package, such as OmniPage, Kurzweil,
OpenBook, etc. Advice you've given many a lister.

Not if it's a graphical image. There's where you need to use JAWS 13 with
the new built-in OCR.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

It's been awhile, but shouldn't I be able to open a PDF doc. I'm using JAWS
8 with XP and hoping to open a users manual for my new clock radio. I'd like

to copy that PDF to MS word...is it possible?

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Yes and one of those had dll files missing on the UK version,and afriend
had to replicate it on 3 different computers before we were listened to,I
still cannot understand how that happened,I was telephoning California and
the remaining tech support was equally baffled it was again the rush to be
in time for windows 7,only think about windows 8!.

Or JAWS 8 with an independent OCR package, such as OmniPage, Kurzweil,
OpenBook, etc. Advice you've given many a lister.

Not if it's a graphical image. There's where you need to use JAWS 13 with
the new built-in OCR.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.
It's been awhile, but shouldn't I be able to open a PDF doc. I'm using JAWS
8 with XP and hoping to open a users manual for my new clock radio. I'd like

to copy that PDF to MS word...is it possible?

Dave...

Sandy,

Yes. Go to the FS web site and look at the What's New in JAWS 13" page.
There is an MP3 file with an interview describing all the features.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:52 PM
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Or JAWS 8 with an independent OCR package, such as OmniPage, Kurzweil,
OpenBook, etc. Advice you've given many a lister.

Not if it's a graphical image. There's where you need to use JAWS 13 with
the new built-in OCR.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

It's been awhile, but shouldn't I be able to open a PDF doc. I'm using
JAWS
8 with XP and hoping to open a users manual for my new clock radio. I'd
like

to copy that PDF to MS word...is it possible?

Dave...

Adrian,

Yes, you are correct. And in fact it's the only way to copy and paste the
resultant text into another application like Word or Notepad.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.
Or JAWS 8 with an independent OCR package, such as OmniPage, Kurzweil,
OpenBook, etc. Advice you've given many a lister.

Not if it's a graphical image. There's where you need to use JAWS 13 with
the new built-in OCR.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

Yes. Go to the FS web site and look at the What's New in JAWS 13" page.
There is an MP3 file with an interview describing all the features.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:52 PM
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Or JAWS 8 with an independent OCR package, such as OmniPage, Kurzweil,
OpenBook, etc. Advice you've given many a lister.

Not if it's a graphical image. There's where you need to use JAWS 13 with
the new built-in OCR.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

It's been awhile, but shouldn't I be able to open a PDF doc. I'm using
JAWS
8 with XP and hoping to open a users manual for my new clock radio. I'd
like

to copy that PDF to MS word...is it possible?

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

I always use open book to open a pdf file,
it's how it will work for me.
I have to go to control P to pick and highlight free printer.. or rather
then use open book to scan then you can save it to where ever youlike in any format
sugar

'Be Blessed ~Sugar

It's been awhile, but shouldn't I be able to open a PDF doc. I'm using JAWS 8 with XP and hoping to open a users manual for my new clock radio. I'd like to copy that PDF to MS word...is it possible?

Onwardbob

Whoa there, could you possibly add a bit more of an explanation?