Subject: Jaws 11 Strange behavior !!
From: "O.Addison Gethers" <oag1rottie@hotmail.com>
Date: 09-26-2011 16:40

Hello All,
I don't know if you have the answer for my situation or not!! I have call fs support about the jaws strange behavior when I'm reading e-mail and website ,I told the lady that jaws was reading e-mail and website and jaws was stop reading then about between 3 - 5 minute jaws started to read again then 10 minute later jaws stop reading then another 3 - 5 minute jaws begin to read again!! The lady from fs support told me she think I need a spyware and I told her that I have trend micro internet surety program ,which Gerald installed it in my computer . I had microsoft surety essentials ,but Gerald told me it's suppose to be a good program and it's not scan all the virus from my computer and that why he took it out and put trend micro internet surety that have anitivirus,spyware and myoware program like MSSE . Do you have any suggestion for me what I can do get jaws to stop reading and read again ? I noticed when I was reading e-mail jaws read the message when I get through finished reading the e-mail ,then I press esc and jaws was still reading the message in e-mail ,then when I press alt f4 jaws was saying listened to music !! I don't know why it's say listened to music when I close out the e-mail and also on the internet too!! Also when I was reading the website and try to stop jaws from reading by press ctrl key jaws still keep reading so I had to wait for few second then try to press ctrl key again try to stop jaws talking . I'm using jaws 11,desktop with window xp home edition . Any asnwer will be appreciate from anyone .

O. Addison Gethers

e-mail address
oag1rottie@hotmail.com
O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

O.Addison Gethers <oag1rottie@...>

Hello there,
How can I re-install jaws? Do I need go to ctrl panel?

O. Addison Gethers

e-mail address
oag1rottie@hotmail.com
O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

From: "O.Addison Gethers" <oag1rottie@hotmail.com>
Date: 09-26-2011 16:40

Hello All,
[...]

Adrian Spratt

It's hard to follow your explanation of the problem, but it sounds as though
it began when you installed the new antivirus program. I had a similar
experience with a malware program that works fine for other JAWS users.
The antivirus program you had originally, Microsoft's, has been highly
recommended on this list, including by our own Gerald. You might want to
speak to your consultant and either return to that software or try another.

I'm not convinced that uninstalling and reinstalling JAWS will help.
However, if you go that route, the way to uninstall isn't from the control
panel. Instead, go to your programs menu, then to the JAWS version you're
using and press enter. One option will be uninstall. Then commence
installation again either with the disc or the file you may have downloaded
from the Net.

Again, I hesitate to give such advice because you may have made adjustments
to JAWS that you will lose when you uninstall.

[...]

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

uh no. you run the install file which you download from Freedom Scientific, or you put the installation disc in your computer.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Farfar on Nokia N95" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
[...]

Zaheer Sheikh <cybergeek2020@...>

Check if Microsoft Security Essentials is actually deleting the virus
or not. If it cannot remove the virus, it will continuesly scan your
computer. Which will significantly slow down the Jaws performance.