Title Bar or header to Silence

Paul Bolduc

Morning to all,

I am switching programs from Excel to folders which I'm adding the contents
listed into the Excel sheet. Each time I go to the sheet the title or
header bar is spoken, how do I silence those lines?

I'm using JAWS 9 with XP. Thank you,

Have a great day,

Paul Bolduc

Amateur Radio Operator: WR1X also M0CHG
Email: WR1X@ARRL.net
Alternate Email: pcbolduc@verizon.net

Located in the only town named Royalston in North America and maybe even the
world.  Royalston is located in Massachusetts

Dave...

Is it saying "sheet1", "sheet 2", etc? Or is it saying the title bar "Excel
<filename> Sheet1", etc.? Your question is not clear.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.
I am switching programs from Excel to folders which I'm adding the contents
listed into the Excel sheet. Each time I go to the sheet the title or
header bar is spoken, how do I silence those lines?

I'm using JAWS 9 with XP. Thank you,

Have a great day,

Paul Bolduc

Amateur Radio Operator: WR1X also M0CHG
Email: WR1X@ARRL.net
Alternate Email: pcbolduc@verizon.net

Located in the only town named Royalston in North America and maybe even the
world. Royalston is located in Massachusetts

Dave...

Paul,

Suggest you go into the verbosity settings in the configuration manager.
There you will find your verbosity level and the ability to modify specific
aspects of it. In the modification list, you will find areas that enable or
disable the window title, etc. I think playing around with these setting
should help.

BTW you can stop the "compatibility mode" by saving your work as an xlsx
file (Excel 2007). Then it won't say that part when you open it again.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.
Book Log.xls [Compatibility Mode] - Microsoft Excel

Which isn't much, but 50 or 100 times in an afternoon gets to be wearing.

Thank you for any help.

Paul

Is it saying "sheet1", "sheet 2", etc? Or is it saying the title bar "Excel
<filename> Sheet1", etc.? Your question is not clear.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.