From my Dell Latitude 630.
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Martyn" <johnrobertmartyn@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 13:40
Subject: JAWS automatically telling time

Hi all,
Somehow JAWS suddenly started telling me the time every minute. I don't have
time to run through the settings, does anyone have any suggestions on how to
shut this thing up?
I'm busy on the next project and deep into code so no time to play around.

Thank you in advance.
John Martyn

Dorothy <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

that is very familiar jaws gets into a tantrum reads all in sight ending with the time I hope the list knowof a fix, it can happen if set in too high contrast,the list will know I am sure dorothy

Somehow JAWS suddenly started telling me the time every minute. I don't have time to run through the settings, does anyone have any suggestions on how to shut this thing up?
I'm busy on the next project and deep into code so no time to play around.

Thank you in advance.
John Martyn

Dean Martineau <dean@...>

Indeed, try hitting insert+s. this is the screen echo setting. You want it
to say "highlighted." My hunch is that you have accidentally set it to
"all."

Dean

Somehow JAWS suddenly started telling me the time every minute. I don't have
time to run through the settings, does anyone have any suggestions on how to
shut this thing up?
I'm busy on the next project and deep into code so no time to play around.

Thank you in advance.
John Martyn

John Martyn

The screen echo was already set to highlighted, but I went through the cycle just in case and that worked. I checked the setting before and nothing was out of place. Guess it needed to be set again.
John

Somehow JAWS suddenly started telling me the time every minute. I don't have
time to run through the settings, does anyone have any suggestions on how to
shut this thing up?
I'm busy on the next project and deep into code so no time to play around.

Thank you in advance.
John Martyn

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Exactly you set it right but jaws went of the rails, worst of all is
when jaws goes off shouting File edit view plus the time and wants to read
everything in sight., that can be due to White text on a black background,
Jaws interprets it as selected or highlighted text it mmisunderstands what
it sees regards dorothy