From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Gary King
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:40 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: installing jaws

Kimsan,
You said that your school district installed JAWS on your desktop at
work.
Will they install it on your personal laptop as well? If they have a
site license, do they have a license with a sufficient number of users
to allow them to do so? The site license we had at work when I left was
not an ILM type of authorization. It obtained its token for
authorization from our local network, which meant that we had to be
connected to the network to use JAWS. If this is the type of
authorization your school has, you may be out of luck, since you would
not be connected to the server with the tokens when you were away from
school.

If they can put JAWS on your laptop with an ILM authorization, you will
need to remove your ILM activation first and then have the school
district technician activate your existing JAWS version with theirs.
Then, provided they are eligible for JAWS 13, you can get the upgrade.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net