From: Alex Stone
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:29 PM
To: Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: research it in jaws 13

I've installed JAWS 13 today, and generally I think it's pretty good.
However, using Research It to look things up on Wikipedia, when I click the
"click this link" to see the full article, it is opened in Internet
explorer. I wouldn't have a problem with this, except that my default
browser is Firefox. In Jaws 12 the article would open in Firefox as I would
expect. I don't like Internet Explorer, so why are Freedom Scientific
forcing me to use it?

Cheers

Alex

Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard

Dave...

Alex,

Let them know. I agree with you. No reason to invoke a particular browser,
in my opinion.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.
I've installed JAWS 13 today, and generally I think it's pretty good.
However, using Research It to look things up on Wikipedia, when I click the
"click this link" to see the full article, it is opened in Internet
explorer. I wouldn't have a problem with this, except that my default
browser is Firefox. In Jaws 12 the article would open in Firefox as I would
expect. I don't like Internet Explorer, so why are Freedom Scientific
forcing me to use it?

Cheers

Alex

Holger Fiallo <holgerfiallo@...>

you can not get it by trying to update from 12.

Hi ken with a question won't do it of course until the jaws 13 is final but
can I use the check for updates feature in 12 to get 13 if I'm only using a
in demo mode or do I have to get the new version separately?

Is firefox your default? If not make it and let jaws know about your issue
so they can try to work on it.

I've installed JAWS 13 today, and generally I think it's pretty good.
However, using Research It to look things up on Wikipedia, when I click the
"click this link" to see the full article, it is opened in Internet
explorer. I wouldn't have a problem with this, except that my default
browser is Firefox. In Jaws 12 the article would open in Firefox as I would
expect. I don't like Internet Explorer, so why are Freedom Scientific
forcing me to use it?

Cheers

Alex

Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard

Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard

Dave...

Ken,

You need to download separately from the web site.
Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.
[...]

George B

you have to get the 13 from the web site and download and then install