Enhancements in JAWS 13

Dave...

Okay, I had to peek. Can anyone tell me what's the difference (if there is
one) between their repeated phrases: "Resolved an issue" and "Addressed an
issue"

Does one mean they fixed it and the other that they acknowledged it?

They use these praises ad nauseum in the list, and no, I'm not going to send
a message to support@freedomscientific.com just to get a blank stare in
return.

Aside from that, it sound like they may have "resolved" some "issues" that
I've had with Excel, but not sure if all my personally-reported "issues"
have been "addressed" to my satisfaction. Saw that MS-Access 2007 got a
single-line honorable mention - hope eternal!

I may do the obviously stupid thing and install this some time tonight, just
out of morbid curiosity. If you don't hear anything from me for a couple
weeks, then it means JAWS 13 ate my computer.

Dave Carlson

From my Dell Latitude 630.

Cristóbal

So far, the over all incredible sluggishness is gone. In fact, Firefox feels
quite responsive and no more speech delays when doig an alt tab, etc. I may
have to play with it in IE too, but so far, Mozilla's doing ok. A couple of
buggy things, but nothing over the top bad.

[...]

From my Dell Latitude 630.

Holger Fiallo <holgerfiallo@...>

I take the first means they fixed it and the next they had a meeting on it to fix it. I think.

[...]

From my Dell Latitude 630.

Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard

Dave...

Holger,

That's sort of my cynical viewpoint, as well. And if that's true, then they
do no benefit to us to list something they have "looked at" but not
"resolved".

frankly I think it's just the different writing styles of two different
people generating the list.

Rather robotics reading, so good if you have insomnia.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.
[...]

From my Dell Latitude 630.

Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Resolved and Addressed mean the same thing in this context. I'm surprised you're wondering this, Dave.

Dave...

Chris,

I'm just being a brat, that's all. It drives me crazy to hear the mindless
repetition as I go through the list, and I'm just being snarkey that they
can't be more creative, or simply say:

The following items in Excel were resolved:
one
two
three
etc.

Now wouldn't that be a lot easier for them to do, as well?

I'm tired now and am going to sleep, don't wake me up again.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.
Resolved and Addressed mean the same thing in this context. I'm
surprised you're wondering this, Dave.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

hahaha ok ok i know better than to poke a sleeping grizzly bear. *LOL*

At 02:49 AM 9/15/2011, you wrote:
Chris,

I'm just being a brat, that's all. It drives me crazy to hear the mindless
repetition as I go through the list, and I'm just being snarkey that they
can't be more creative, or simply say:

The following items in Excel were resolved:
one
two
three
etc.

Now wouldn't that be a lot easier for them to do, as well?

I'm tired now and am going to sleep, don't wake me up again.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

Resolved and Addressed mean the same thing in this context. I'm
surprised you're wondering this, Dave.

Karen Hughes <khughes8@...>

you are a very brave man, smile. i have paid for this but will continue to hold back till i hear from you all as to what stories you have to tell. i remain very cautious. karen

[...]

From my Dell Latitude 630.

George B

hay if you wish to b s with someone why don't you do it off the list what
did this have to do with jaws

Resolved and Addressed mean the same thing in this context. I'm
surprised you're wondering this, Dave.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Thanks George for contributing another useless post living up to your namesake Mr. Magoo again eh?

At 09:32 AM 9/15/2011, you wrote:
hay if you wish to b s with someone why don't you do it off the list what
did this have to do with jaws

Resolved and Addressed mean the same thing in this context. I'm
surprised you're wondering this, Dave.

DJ

Why are you surprised? Those two words have different meanings. Assuming
that they would mean the same thing does not make a person a genius.

Resolved and Addressed mean the same thing in this context. I'm surprised
you're wondering this, Dave.

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Chris:
Lmfao!

Resolved and Addressed mean the same thing in this context. I'm
surprised you're wondering this, Dave.

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Me too they can get baled out we may be stuck up a gum tree dorothy

[...]

From my Dell Latitude 630.

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I don't want to peek. I will wait until I can wrestle up 200 bucks for the
upgrade, until then, review away!

[...]

From my Dell Latitude 630.

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Well, old buddy, u won't be alone. I think you said the secret words.
I don't mess with betas as a rule, but I'm now definitely interested. I
may wait for final release, but, for the first time in a long time, I'm
interested.

Ted