From: "John Martyn" <johnrobertmartyn@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:58 PM
Subject: Apple accessibility email

Hi folks,
Sorry to be a bother but I have misplaced the accessibility email for apple or iTunes. We aretrying to get apple's attention through as many channels as we can.
We're also trying to get in touch with Stevie Wonder who made the push for iPods to be voice over, or at least he helped.
If someone has the email for apple's accessibility that would be great.
Thanks,
John

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Remember, Apple does make at least one program that works on Windows-based machines -- iTunes. I believe John is, in fact, writing JAWS scripts to increase the accessibility of the iTunes program, which is an Apple product.

Please explain how this is even remotely related to JAWS. Since when did
the discussion of Apple products on this list become permisible? Have you
perhaps written some scripts that will make JAWS work on a Mac?

Gerald

Sorry to be a bother but I have misplaced the accessibility email for
apple or iTunes. We aretrying to get apple's attention through as many
channels as we can.
We're also trying to get in touch with Stevie Wonder who made the push for
iPods to be voice over, or at least he helped.
If someone has the email for apple's accessibility that would be great.
Thanks,
John
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
Thank you.
#############################################################################################################

Gary King

Gerald,
Perhaps it's related to JAWS because John is writing JAWS scripts for iTunes from Apple and needs to contact their accessibility group. Perhaps also you should allow James to do the list moderating. He seems to be on the job!

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

Please explain how this is even remotely related to JAWS. Since when did the discussion of Apple products on this list become permisible? Have you perhaps written some scripts that will make JAWS work on a Mac?

Gerald

Sorry to be a bother but I have misplaced the accessibility email for apple or iTunes. We aretrying to get apple's attention through as many channels as we can.
We're also trying to get in touch with Stevie Wonder who made the push for iPods to be voice over, or at least he helped.
If someone has the email for apple's accessibility that would be great.
Thanks,
John

Peter Holdstock <peterholdstock@...>

John has done great work in writing scripts for Itunes which a large number of JAWS users are now using. His work has been for free and he has spent a lot of time on the project and intends to expand his list of scripts even further so I think the least the jaws list can do is to support him by just giving him the information he needs rather than questioning it.

Peter

Sorry to be a bother but I have misplaced the accessibility email for apple or iTunes. We aretrying to get apple's attention through as many channels as we can.
We're also trying to get in touch with Stevie Wonder who made the push for iPods to be voice over, or at least he helped.
If someone has the email for apple's accessibility that would be great.
Thanks,
John

Nickus de Vos <bigboy529@...>

Plesure John. One thing I find funney though is that I'm using the
latest itunes on windows 7 jaws 12 without any scripts and without any
problems. I understand I am one of only a lucky few who's able to use
it without scripts.

On 9/14/11, Peter Holdstock <peterholdstock@msn.com> wrote:
[...]

Nickus,
I think quite a number of us can use iTunes without scripts. Scripts are not only written to make programs accessible; they are also written to make programs easier to use. I like to get things done in iTunes with good speech feedback and without wearing out my Tab key.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net