List Admin

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Dorothy
Sent: September 12, 2011 5:26 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: ownership

Dear list, I am wondering what I really own, I know the scanner and printer
are mine but jaws is under licence and my Ocr is linked to me personally how
about coppies of Office however,do I own them or is that microsofts as
well.?, by the way I think the office I once had with some ocr facility was
on a cd called small business.,but the engineer said the 2 cds I had were
scratched use office 7 which you paid for when you bought the dell desktop
package. Regards dorothy

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Ok james just wanted to be sure, not long ago I explained to a youngman he
could not give his copy of jaws to his nephew, he said But I paid for it and
am not using it any more, I may have said the wrong thing then it just got
me thinking that is all dorothy

This isn't exactly an appropriate question for the JAWS list. You may want
to consider taking it to a more generalized technology list. For example,
the blindtech list.

James,
List Admin

Dear list, I am wondering what I really own, I know the scanner and printer
are mine but jaws is under licence and my Ocr is linked to me personally how
about coppies of Office however,do I own them or is that microsofts as
well.?, by the way I think the office I once had with some ocr facility was
on a cd called small business.,but the engineer said the 2 cds I had were
scratched use office 7 which you paid for when you bought the dell desktop
package. Regards dorothy

Gary King

Dorothy,
Regarding JAWS for Windows and other programs from Freedom Scientific, a license transfer fee must be paid to transfer a license from one person to another. I paid such a fee this spring to get Open Book from someone who was no longer using it.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

Dear list, I am wondering what I really own, I know the scanner and printer
are mine but jaws is under licence and my Ocr is linked to me personally how
about coppies of Office however,do I own them or is that microsofts as
well.?, by the way I think the office I once had with some ocr facility was
on a cd called small business.,but the engineer said the 2 cds I had were
scratched use office 7 which you paid for when you bought the dell desktop
package. Regards dorothy

Dorothy <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

thank you,I will tell my friend,he stopped using jaws,but a young nephew has a similar eye condition and of course he wanted to help and not let jaws go to waste, I said I doubted the boy would get upgrades unless it was done properly regards Dorothy

Regarding JAWS for Windows and other programs from Freedom Scientific, a license transfer fee must be paid to transfer a license from one person to another. I paid such a fee this spring to get Open Book from someone who was no longer using it.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

Dear list, I am wondering what I really own, I know the scanner and printer
are mine but jaws is under licence and my Ocr is linked to me personally how
about coppies of Office however,do I own them or is that microsofts as
well.?, by the way I think the office I once had with some ocr facility was
on a cd called small business.,but the engineer said the 2 cds I had were
scratched use office 7 which you paid for when you bought the dell desktop
package. Regards dorothy

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Far as I know, you own a copy of JAWS or Office the same way you own a
copy of a favorite LP or CD Of course, the artist owns the work ,but
you own the physical medium. In the early Wild West days, most software
manuals insisted you back up your precious media, even prior to
installing the program, for your own protection.

Dear list, I am wondering what I really own, I know the scanner and
printer
are mine but jaws is under licence and my Ocr is linked to me personally
how
about coppies of Office however,do I own them or is that microsofts as
well.?, by the way I think the office I once had with some ocr facility
was
on a cd called small business.,but the engineer said the 2 cds I had
were
scratched use office 7 which you paid for when you bought the dell
desktop
package. Regards dorothy

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Sorry, James&co., I thought I sent it directly to her