Jaws Tandom

Mike Mote <mikemote@...>

Hi folks! So my question is pretty simple. How does Jaws Tandom work. Can you control another computer using it, and can you hear it. Is there a delay? I may need to use this feature in the future. I'm interested to know how well it works. FS says it does, but how well does it work in real life circumstances, if you know what I mean.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Yes it works it is one of fs best features, I am sure the others will fill
in the details,but both of you need same version the controlling party will
get a code from fs you enter it and hey presto, of course it helps if the
controlling party knows what he is doing it has been about for ages now.
dorothy

Hi folks! So my question is pretty simple. How does Jaws Tandom work. Can
you control another computer using it, and can you hear it. Is there a
delay? I may need to use this feature in the future. I'm interested to
know how well it works. FS says it does, but how well does it work in real
life circumstances, if you know what I mean.

Paul Faucheux

On 9/12/2011 11:44 AM, Mike Mote wrote:
Hi folks! So my question is pretty simple. How does Jaws Tandom work. Can you control another computer using it, and can you hear it. Is there a delay? I may need to use this feature in the future. I'm interested to know how well it works. FS says it does, but how well does it work in real life circumstances, if you know what I mean.

hi mike jaws tandem allows u to connect to another pc and offer help or train other people on how to use jaws it is mainly used for technical support. if u have any questions i can help u. just skype me.

Karen Hughes <khughes8@...>

i have a computer contact in new brunswick who hooks up with me and fixes my problems all the time. i live in ontario. this is a wonderful feature. karen

Hi folks! So my question is pretty simple. How does Jaws Tandom work. Can you control another computer using it, and can you hear it. Is there a delay? I may need to use this feature in the future. I'm interested to know how well it works. FS says it does, but how well does it work in real life circumstances, if you know what I mean.

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

Hi paul
it works great, when I am in a bind, I have a close freind, or my tech guy use this feature all the time, and he can control my computer with out having to get in the way. and in fact I to, can use it, while he is on it
it's great
sugar

'Be Blessed ~Sugar

Hi folks! So my question is pretty simple. How does Jaws Tandom work. Can you control another computer using it, and can you hear it. Is there a delay? I may need to use this feature in the future. I'm interested to know how well it works. FS says it does, but how well does it work in real life circumstances, if you know what I mean.

hi mike jaws tandem allows u to connect to another pc and offer help or train other people on how to use jaws it is mainly used for technical support. if u have any questions i can help u. just skype me.

Bob - KA5ETA <ka5eta@...>

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?

Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

You do remember correctly but for heavens sake do not give fs any ideas
they dropped the idea it was very popular dorothy

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Curtis Delzer

what is important about tandem is that both version of jaws have to be the
same!

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Bob - KA5ETA <ka5eta@...>

That is the reason that I asked here rather than going to FS and asking.

You do remember correctly but for heavens sake do not give fs any ideas
they dropped the idea it was very popular dorothy

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

Bob,
Hi, I just used it this morning because I had a small problem with not getting my wireless to connect, and for the life of me, I did not know where else to check,so I called my tech guy and we used this wonderful feature, and I was able to hear him work through the problem, and it was done in no time.
so it is a wonderful feature.
Sugar
'Be Blessed ~Sugar

That is the reason that I asked here rather than going to FS and asking.
You do remember correctly but for heavens sake do not give fs any ideas
they dropped the idea it was very popular dorothy

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

yep this is true

'Be Blessed ~Sugar

what is important about tandem is that both version of jaws have to be the
same!

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Bob - KA5ETA <ka5eta@...>

I understand that the versions have to be the same but how close do they
have to be? Do they have to be the same bill version?

what is important about tandem is that both version of jaws have to be the
same!

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

I do not think so it depends who is helping whom, it is I think best if the
person you need help from has a professional version only my experience
dorothy.

I understand that the versions have to be the same but how close do they
have to be? Do they have to be the same bill version?
what is important about tandem is that both version of jaws have to be the
same!

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Curtis Delzer

I don't know, sorry, but probably not.

I understand that the versions have to be the same but how close do they
have to be? Do they have to be the same bill version?
what is important about tandem is that both version of jaws have to be the
same!

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Ann Byrne

they don't have to be the same. But the master computer has to be at least equal to the slave. So a JAWS 12 master could run a JAWS 11 slave, but not the other way around.

At 04:09 PM 9/12/2011, you wrote:
what is important about tandem is that both version of jaws have to be the
same!

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

yep I was told that as long as the one needing help has jaws 11, and the other is above jaws 10, then it would work

'Be Blessed ~Sugar

At 04:09 PM 9/12/2011, you wrote:
what is important about tandem is that both version of jaws have to be the
same!

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello if you wish to read about jaws tandem;

Go to;

Desktop;

Jaws 12/utilities/jaws tandem/quick start guide.

yep I was told that as long as the one needing help has jaws 11, and the
other is above jaws 10, then it would work

'Be Blessed ~Sugar

Chris if I remember correctly tandom at one time was going to cost to be
able to use is that still the case?
Hi Mike. Yes, Jaws Tandom works as advertised.

There's a whole book in Jaws online help devoted to it, including a
frequently asked questions section, a welcome section etc. :)
Chris

Ray Campbell <ray.campbell@...>

Actually, the versions do not have to be the same in every case. The controlling computer which wants to initiate the tandem connection must have the same or higher version of JAWS than the target for Tandem to work. I know, I use Tandem all the time here on the help desk.

Ray Campbell
Adaptive Technology Help Desk Technician | Adaptive Technology Center
312.666.1331 Ext. 3651 (Voice/Relay) or 312.997.3651 (Voice/Relay) or 888.825.0080 (Voice/Relay)
ray.campbell@chicagolighthouse.org

The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 West Roosevelt Road | Chicago, IL 60608
www.chicagolighthouse.org

The contents of this message are legally privileged and/or confidential. The information is intended only for use of the intended recipient. If this message is received in error, please destroy it without reading and notify the sender immediately. This message should not be forwarded or distributed without the permission of the author.

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

Thank you for clarifying Ray
sugar

'Be Blessed ~Sugar