installing jaws without burning a key

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

Someone had a file or set of instructions to install jaws without burning a
key. The instructions were for XP. My question is has anyone here used those
instructions using windows 7?

I am having serious computer issues and I need to reset my laptop to factory
default, which will require me to reinstall jfw.

I have been trying to research a solution to the three problems I have been
experiencing but google is no help at the moment? I want to set my laptop to
factory defaults because I am about to pull my hair out but before I do can
someone verify if it works on win 7? If not, I will do it and just use
window eyes and NVDA until Monday lol.

Laters.

2.g.i <2.g.i.84972@...>

Hi, I cant test this at the moment, but by the sound of it you have nothing to loos.
Im asuming that windows is still starting up ok?
if so go to the program files folder & to Freedom Scientific & coppy the 2 folders,
Activator, & Authorization
Coppy them onto a flash stick or external drive.
If it wont let you coppy them, you may need to stop jaws from starting on reboot & use NVDA to coppy them.

after you reinstall the system, re install jaws & I would suggest you set jaws not to start automaticly & then reboot, then use NVDA to coppy the 2 folders you coppied before back into the Freedom Scientific folder over writing the existing ones.

As I said havent tested this but because you are reinstalling your system with out any hardware or OS changes this may work, & you wont need to use another auth key.

Good luck,
let me know how you go.

At 07:41 AM 9/11/2011, you wrote:
Hi,

Someone had a file or set of instructions to install jaws without burning a
key. The instructions were for XP. My question is has anyone here used those
instructions using windows 7?

I am having serious computer issues and I need to reset my laptop to factory
default, which will require me to reinstall jfw.

I have been trying to research a solution to the three problems I have been
experiencing but google is no help at the moment? I want to set my laptop to
factory defaults because I am about to pull my hair out but before I do can
someone verify if it works on win 7? If not, I will do it and just use
window eyes and NVDA until Monday lol.

Laters.

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

2 dot G I:
When you test it out, let me know...

At 07:41 AM 9/11/2011, you wrote:
Hi,

Someone had a file or set of instructions to install jaws without
burning a key. The instructions were for XP. My question is has anyone
here used those instructions using windows 7?

I am having serious computer issues and I need to reset my laptop to
factory default, which will require me to reinstall jfw.

I have been trying to research a solution to the three problems I have
been experiencing but google is no help at the moment? I want to set my
laptop to factory defaults because I am about to pull my hair out but
before I do can someone verify if it works on win 7? If not, I will do
it and just use window eyes and NVDA until Monday lol.

Laters.

scrubbed...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I have had it! I will take a gamble and try out the jaws without using a key
thing...

A mac is looking real fine right now lol.

inthane <inthaneelf@...>

those are the correct instructions my friend

elf
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
www.alacorncomputer.com
. proprietor: Inthane's Grab Bag
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com

At 07:41 AM 9/11/2011, you wrote:
Hi,

Someone had a file or set of instructions to install jaws without
burning a key. The instructions were for XP. My question is has anyone
here used those instructions using windows 7?

I am having serious computer issues and I need to reset my laptop to
factory default, which will require me to reinstall jfw.

I have been trying to research a solution to the three problems I have
been experiencing but google is no help at the moment? I want to set my
laptop to factory defaults because I am about to pull my hair out but
before I do can someone verify if it works on win 7? If not, I will do
it and just use window eyes and NVDA until Monday lol.

Laters.

scrubbed...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I managed to test it out and I was waiting to finish pimping up my comp back
to normal before responding.
Nonetheless, I heard windows 7 machines that this method works at times and
other times it doesn't. To my sha grin, it worked for me.
Who ever came up with the instructions/tip thanks for it.

At 07:41 AM 9/11/2011, you wrote:
Hi,

Someone had a file or set of instructions to install jaws without
burning a key. The instructions were for XP. My question is has anyone
here used those instructions using windows 7?

I am having serious computer issues and I need to reset my laptop to
factory default, which will require me to reinstall jfw.

I have been trying to research a solution to the three problems I have
been experiencing but google is no help at the moment? I want to set my
laptop to factory defaults because I am about to pull my hair out but
before I do can someone verify if it works on win 7? If not, I will do
it and just use window eyes and NVDA until Monday lol.

Laters.

scrubbed...

2.g.i <2.g.i.84972@...>

Your welcome,