From my Dell Latitude 630.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pat Pound" <dpound@austin.rr.com>
To: <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 7:33
Subject: Research It and NFL NCAA scores

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for
NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

Cy Selfridge

Dave,
Dream on, how about JAWS 15 or so?
Cy

I'm sure you're going to have to wait until JAWS 13 is out. I doubt they
will do any more revisions to 12.

Any dissenters?

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.
Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for

NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;

Here's a message received from freedom scientific regarding research it,

On Behalf Of Eric Damery
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:38 PM

Greetings all,

Nobody is more disappointed to have lost the MLB option in Research It more
than I am. Especially when you consider the tight race in the American
League East where my Sox are doing battle once again with the Yanks and the
Rays. Anyway, here is the scoop on what has happened.
About a week or 10 days ago, ESPN made modifications to how they expose
sports results in an effort to block many different products that had been
tapping into ESPN to get the info in real time and display it. We believe
this was done in an effort to get more organizations to purchase access to
the data and prevent anyone from getting it otherwise. This will not only
impact MLB on Research It, but all of the sports.

We have been investigating the MLB site itself and many other places like
YAHOO but so far, have not found any site that exposes the information away
that will work. We are also reaching out to ESPN and trying to explain who
we are and what we are doing in order to see if we can get them to work with
us. If any of you who use Research It to get access to daily scores would be
willing, please write to them at:
https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/index

Please be polite and remember, they are not targeting JAWS and Research It
when they make these changes. It would be helpful to explain to them how
beneficial it has been to use Research It in order to get the scores and
schedules without having to weed through all the extra information presented
on very busy web pages. I'm sure that together, we can all work this out and
FS will get this fixed and working again as quickly as possible.

Regards,
Eric Damery
www.freedomscientific.com

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for

NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

You're probably right, Dave. Not only that, but whenever a Website changes that Researchit depends on, things will break again.

My advice would be to just use your web browser and find out what you need to find out, from just about any Website!

At 10:52 AM 9/9/2011, you wrote:
I'm sure you're going to have to wait until JAWS 13 is out. I doubt they
will do any more revisions to 12.

Any dissenters?

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for
NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

Howard <hwolcott@...>

hi:
I doubt they will fix sports scores in research it unless they can find a website that is not subscription based.

howard wolcott

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for
NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

Gerald Levy

In the meantime, if you want a quick, free and easy way to get all the MLB scores, just call Tell Me at 800-555-TELL and just say "sports" and then "baseball" at the main menu.

Gerald

I doubt they will fix sports scores in research it unless they can find a website that is not subscription based.

howard wolcott

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for
NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Well how fascinating so that is what eric is spending time on. I was
thinking about a young man called wil Pearson who had to diagnose dorothy's
problem, I have no idea where will is now, it was another bright man who
knew Lunar may help a product from another stable,finally it was Bryan
carver so eric I am sorry about your socks!, but was even sadder I had to
go through such an ordeal regards dorothy

Here's a message received from freedom scientific regarding research it,

On Behalf Of Eric Damery

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for

NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

George B

Why don't you just do it yourself and go to si.com that stands for sports
illustrated and then choose cfb which stands for college football and then
bookmark that page and then just look at the scores they are updated all the
time and current, and you all just stop all the winning...

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research
it for

NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

northstar1950@...

research-it will never be reliable, should be removed from jaws altogether for my part. never use it and its useless code.

Legend has it that on Friday 9/9/2011 05:36 PM, George B said:
Why don't you just do it yourself and go to si.com that stands for sports
illustrated and then choose cfb which stands for college football and then
bookmark that page and then just look at the scores they are updated all the
time and current, and you all just stop all the winning...

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research
it for

NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

check out my sendspace offerings at:
http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4

Tom Lange

Hi,
Okay, good points, but the answer begs the question: where can you get the scores and schedules that you want without wading through a lot of extra clutter? As much as I've used and liked ResearchIt, there's gotta be some other way to get that info that isn't too much of a pain in the arse. I also wonder about those desktop gadgets in Windows 7: isn't there one that will get that information? Accessibility issues aside, is such a gadget prone to the same problems that ResearchIT has? Just curious.

Tom

Here's a message received from freedom scientific regarding research it,

On Behalf Of Eric Damery

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for

NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

Tom Lange

Hi,
Ah yes, I forgot about good old tell-me, though it, too has its occasional quirks. For a while there I would call in for a baseball score and it would say that the score for a game was 0 to 0 even though the game had been in progress for some time. ; I'll have to get back to using it again to see how it's doing. Thanks for the reminder.

Tom

In the meantime, if you want a quick, free and easy way to get all the MLB scores, just call Tell Me at 800-555-TELL and just say "sports" and then "baseball" at the main menu.

Gerald

I doubt they will fix sports scores in research it unless they can find a website that is not subscription based.

howard wolcott

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for
NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

john.falter

I use Research it every day for weather, cnn, bb news and sometimes for Wikipedia and Wiktionary.

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research
it for

NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

check out my sendspace offerings at:
http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Well, what functions do we have to help us skim through web pages? I'm thinking of things like the quick keys to jump by heading,, list, etc. that might help.
The find command seems appropriate here too.

Check out the following in Jaws Help:
Using the Internet with Jaws, > Navigating Web Pages > and all the things listed in there. Placemarkers and custom labels might be two items of interest.

Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "David" <davidwhitehead1957@cogeco.ca>
Here's a message received from freedom scientific regarding research it,

On Behalf Of Eric Damery

I'm sure you're going to have to wait until JAWS 13 is out. I doubt they
will do any more revisions to 12.

Any dissenters?

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pat Pound" <dpound@austin.rr.com>
Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for

NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

I must add that I share your frustration. It would be nice if we could visually skim a screen of information, using nothing more than its layout to help us find what we are looking for. That would be so nice!
I probably come across a situation every single day where a sighted person could accomplish the task more quickly, simply with a noncommittal glance and a few clicks. It bugs me that most sighted folks know very little about their computers, what the various screen elements are called, and yet, they can get along just fine in most situations.

For better or worse, we just have to learn a little more about how our computers operate to get things done quickly and efficiently. It sucks, but there it is.

Tom Lange

Hi Chris,
I'm quite familiar with the quick navigation keys and use them all the time. My question was really about those desktop gadgets; I understand that they can get you weather info, sports, news of various sorts, and so on. Further, I was wondering whether they are prone to the same kinds of problems as ResearchIt?

Tom

Here's a message received from freedom scientific regarding research it,

On Behalf Of Eric Damery

Anyone know when FS is going to release an update that fixes research it for

NFL and NCAA scores?

Pat Pound

northstar1950@...

well, i use the internet and find the same without research-it.

----- Original Message ----- From: <northstar1950@okie.sytes.net>