Adding items to Start Menu... another way

Mike & Barbara <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

Below is a different way to use the applications / context menu to add items
to the start menu if you are running XP.

1. Open Documents & Settings in Local Disc C.
2. Open your name folder and press the letter " S " until you land on "
Start Menu ."
3. Press the applications / context menu key.
4. Arrow up or down until you get to " Create Shortcut " and press enter.
5. Now, you have a Start Menu shortcut at the bottom of your list. Cut this
shortcut and paste it into the Send To folder. If it reads "Shortcut to
Start Menu ", highlight it, press the F2 key to edit it, and delete shortcut
to, so it reads Start Menu only, and press enter to save the change. Now,
cut this and paste it into the Send To folder.
Now, if there is a icon on your desktop or a program you want to have in
your
Start Menu, just highlight it, press the applications / context menu key,
arrow to Send To and press enter or press the letter " N " for the Send To
folder and press enter, Now, arrow up or down to the Start Menu selection
or press the letter " S " until you have the Start Menu selection
highlighted, then press enter. You now have this program / Icon in your
Start Menu.
With a new addition to the Start Menu another thing to do is make sure
everything is in order. You do this by pressing the Windows key to open the
Start Menu, pressing the applications / context menu key, arrowing up to "
Sort By Name ", and pressing enter.

Hope this helps. Take care.
Mike