From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Eric Caron
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:03 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: MS word 2010 short cut key question

Dear list,

First, this is a real question but it is also a test message as I
have not received mail from this list for several weeks. I finally
re-subscribed with a different account. I sure hope you are all back!

This relates to a earlier question I asked about MS Word 2010. When
I do control O to get the dialogue to get a file is there a short cut key to
take me to the list where my thumb drive will be listed? If not is there a
way I can create one. In my work I am opening and closing many files
quickly. I add info save and move on to another file.

Thanks for any tips and I hope I'm back.

Eric Caron

Debbie Kessler

Eric, open the files you need to switch between and leave them open. Use
"alt + tab" to switch between and through your open files. Hope this helps
Debbie, Chaz & Jessie
e-mail: jessesgirl@earthlink.net

First, this is a real question but it is also a test message as I have not
received mail from this list for several weeks. I finally re-subscribed
with a different account. I sure hope you are all back!

This relates to a earlier question I asked about MS Word 2010. When I do
control O to get the dialogue to get a file is there a short cut key to take
me to the list where my thumb drive will be listed? If not is there a way I
can create one. In my work I am opening and closing many files quickly. I
add info save and move on to another file.

Thanks for any tips and I hope I'm back.

Eric Caron

Ann Byrne

Or use control-f6 to switch between the open files. That wil move between only open Word files instead of everything that's open.

At 05:40 PM 8/28/2011, you wrote:
Eric, open the files you need to switch between and leave them open. Use
"alt + tab" to switch between and through your open files. Hope this helps
Debbie, Chaz & Jessie
e-mail: jessesgirl@earthlink.net
First, this is a real question but it is also a test message as I have not
received mail from this list for several weeks. I finally re-subscribed
with a different account. I sure hope you are all back!

This relates to a earlier question I asked about MS Word 2010. When I do
control O to get the dialogue to get a file is there a short cut key to take
me to the list where my thumb drive will be listed? If not is there a way I
can create one. In my work I am opening and closing many files quickly. I
add info save and move on to another file.

Thanks for any tips and I hope I'm back.

Eric Caron

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

OK.
In Word 2010, can one still use Alt plus W and then arrow through the open word files, choosing to focus on a particular file. I'm still on Office 2003, and that works pretty well, especially when one has 3 or 4 files open.

First, this is a real question but it is also a test message as I have not
received mail from this list for several weeks. I finally re-subscribed
with a different account. I sure hope you are all back!

This relates to a earlier question I asked about MS Word 2010. When I do
control O to get the dialogue to get a file is there a short cut key to take
me to the list where my thumb drive will be listed? If not is there a way I
can create one. In my work I am opening and closing many files quickly. I
add info save and move on to another file.

Thanks for any tips and I hope I'm back.

Eric Caron
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
Thank you.
#############################################################################################################

Debbie Kessler

Oh Ann,
Thanks for that short cut key for moving through just word documents. I
didn't know that one and always prided myself in knowing many of them.
Thanks again.
Debbie, Chaz & Jessie
e-mail: jessesgirl@earthlink.net

First, this is a real question but it is also a test message as I have not
received mail from this list for several weeks. I finally re-subscribed
with a different account. I sure hope you are all back!

This relates to a earlier question I asked about MS Word 2010. When I do
control O to get the dialogue to get a file is there a short cut key to
take
me to the list where my thumb drive will be listed? If not is there a way
can create one. In my work I am opening and closing many files quickly. I
add info save and move on to another file.

Thanks for any tips and I hope I'm back.

Eric Caron

inthane <inthaneelf@...>

that, and I have no clue with the new ribbon methods, but word used to keep track of the last place you opened files from, and had a setting in options for where it stored and as well looked for its files that could be set, you may wish to look into what the hot key for the file list menu is in the open dialog (turn announce hotkeys to the "all" setting and use the dialog paying attention to what it says in there, and see if you can find the options settings section and make it look in your drive instead of in "My Documents" for saving and there for opening of files.

HTH,
elf
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises