From: Chris Smart
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 10:41 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: boot into safe mode using jaws

all good points Gerald.
I've talked to people who have had good dealings with people from
Geek Squad, but you're still stuck with trying to figure out if the
particular person knows his or her stuff.

Usually I try to find someone through friends/family, friends of
friends etc. Luckily, one of my adult guitar students is also an IT
guy for a major bank. I haven't had to call him up in an emergency
yet, but I'd like to think that he would be competant.

Chris

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Thanks the desktop was not loading properly,Jaws not speaking but still I
felt he should have had some kind of diagnostic tool, in the past when I
had a drive failure it was pretty obvious it was dead the computer man did
have a one man business did custom make computers and of course wanted to
make me a computer that would have been abouta thousand pounds, it was
friends who use jaws who said No we will look on web and they found dell
inspire 64 bit over4 of ram, I was just not lucky when the dell had a drive
failure after 10 months and even worse the engineers were dreadful I do not
think jaws hhad anything to do with damaging my hd. As for windows 8 the
friend I spoke to today did not say he was testing a beta version, only that
he was testing windows 8, however I know in the past he has been asked to
test screen readers doing what I think is r and d, and did it for companies
who asked him thanks dorothy