Topics

Jaws installation question for Windows 7 laptop

Tom Behler

Hi, folks.

I have read some discussion about the need to determine whether a windows 7 machine is either 32-bit or 64-bit prior to actually installing Jaws.

I have been told that you must select either the 32-bit or 64-bit Jaws package before conducting the installation process.

Is this true?

If so, how do you make that selection from the Jaws 12 installation CD?

Tom in Michigan

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello tom;

Yes this is true,

In order to have the right jaws installation,
One needs to no if they have a 32 bit, or 64bit machine.
I believe, if your installing jaws from a cd,
Windows7 will determine the right installation.
If your installing a download from FS, you will need to choose the right
one.

To determine whether the machine is a 32 or 64 bit machine.

1, desktop,

2 highlight computer,

3, now press alt+enter to bring up the properties.

4, route jaws to pc, and start to down arrow,
You should hear; something like,
System type,
And then 32 or 64 bit,

Another way is to, use the keystroke,
Windows+ the pause key,

Hope this helps.

I have read some discussion about the need to determine whether a windows 7
machine is either 32-bit or 64-bit prior to actually installing Jaws.

I have been told that you must select either the 32-bit or 64-bit Jaws
package before conducting the installation process.

Is this true?

If so, how do you make that selection from the Jaws 12 installation CD?

Tom in Michigan

Tom Behler

Dave:

This helps as always, and is most appreciated.

I'm going to be doing the install from the CD, but it's great to have a back-up plan to use the FS web site if something doesn't take with the CD.

Thanks again.

Tom in Michigan

I have read some discussion about the need to determine whether a windows 7
machine is either 32-bit or 64-bit prior to actually installing Jaws.

I have been told that you must select either the 32-bit or 64-bit Jaws
package before conducting the installation process.

Is this true?

If so, how do you make that selection from the Jaws 12 installation CD?

Tom in Michigan

inthane <inthaneelf@...>

if I am not mistaken the Freedom Scientific Jaws 12 CD has both and will load the proper one due to a difference in how the two versions of windows 7 goes about this.

its those of us using downloaded copies, home made CD's thumb drives or network shares to load it that need to know what our system is.

HTH,
elf
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
www.alacorncomputer.com
. proprietor: Inthane's Grab Bag
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com

I have read some discussion about the need to determine whether a windows 7 machine is either 32-bit or 64-bit prior to actually installing Jaws.

I have been told that you must select either the 32-bit or 64-bit Jaws package before conducting the installation process.

Is this true?

If so, how do you make that selection from the Jaws 12 installation CD?

Tom in Michigan

Steve <k8sp@...>

Only if you are installing from a downloaded copy. The Jaws DVD will detect the proper system.

I have read some discussion about the need to determine whether a windows 7 machine is either 32-bit or 64-bit prior to actually installing Jaws.

I have been told that you must select either the 32-bit or 64-bit Jaws package before conducting the installation process.

Is this true?

If so, how do you make that selection from the Jaws 12 installation CD?

Tom in Michigan

Tom Behler

Thanks, Steve.

This is re-assuring, and confirms what others have said.

Tom in Michigan