From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of bill Deatherage
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 1:32 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: issues with JFW on my new computer

Hello,
I have been on the list before but it has been a while. I bought a new computer yesterday and have been having fun in putting the programs on it. it was set up when I got it. I am having some problems in IE 9. when I go to download a program and I get to the option where it says to either save or run the program I cannot get it to go to save. I have had it to get to run by trying different things. in the windows Mail program I have been having some issues with writing messages. I am typing the message and when I make a mistake I arrow back to correct the problem and there is nothing there or JAWS isn’t reading it. I have tried another r screen reading program and had some issues with the brows mode. I am wondering if JAWS is now having some issues with that? I am wondering if it is the programs like windows mail, and IE 9, or is it JFW, or is it the computer. I have tried fire fox and it seems to work better with JFW than IE 9.
any suggestions would be appreciated.
Like I said, the computer is new and if there is an issue with It I would like to get it solved since I have only had it home for 2 days.
Thank you again in advance.
Bill Deatherage

Graham Smith <g.smith577@...>

Can anyone tell me why very often I do not get the Alt N option when I try to download something. When I am in this situation i find it very difficult to find the run or save options. I really dont know why this is happening any ideas?

graham

You can also press ctrl+j, to get other options,

[...]

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;

Not sure why you do not see/hear the alt+n however, have you tried the tab key, or, even, using the right/left arrow keys?

[...]

Gerald Levy

In some applications, Alt-N is used by JAWS. To get around this problem, first press JAWS key-num row 3, the JAWS command for keystroke pass through, and then Alt-N. This has worked for me.

Gerald

[...]

yes tried all of that with no success. I eventually get there but no idea how. I will try using the passs through option next time.

I always know when it is going to happen because I dont hear the alt n option announced.

Graham