From: "Nickus de Vos" <bigboy529@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: What to do about XP machines

I don't have any details but I know it won't work with jaws as it
currently is maybe not even with jaws 13 and not at all with older
jaws like previous windows versions did with old and new jaws. There's
something some mirroring thing used in windows which is assential for
jaws to work and microsoft didn't use this mirroring thing in windows
8 and apparently jaws rely on it quite a lot. As far as I've heard it
will take a total redesign of jaws to make it work with win8. I know
that the free screen reader NVDA is already very accessible with win8,
they are already doing beta testing and adapting it and there's only
some stuff that's not working think the other day they said it's about
90% accessible. As for getting hold of win7 when 8 is out, yes if
microsoft continues as it does at the moment it won't be a problem As
for you saying we'll get it if windows 8 is not accessible, just
remember we are nothing to microsoft, they'll make no exceptions to a
bunch of blind users which makes out 0.000000001% of their user base
they can do without our money and won't give a damm about us not
beeing able to use windows 8.

On 10/21/11, Dave Scrimenti <dscrimenti@comcast.net> wrote:
I'm hoping Windows 8 will be accessible when it's finally officially
released. I don't know. Have you heard anything one way or the other? I
don't think we'll have too much trouble getting Win 7, especially if
there's
no good access for 8.