Topics

Accessible software with JAWS there can read information about wireless network

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

Hi again,

No, I can not see the network connection icon in the system tray.

What change should I make so I can see the network connection icon in the system tray?

Very thanks.

Regards,
Anders
--- "David" Wrote ---
Hello do you see the network connection in system tray?

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;

Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try;

Putting icons back into the SystemTray.

Here are some steps I wrote quite a while ago, regarding this topic to
another list.

try these steps to get your network icon back into the system tray.

1, start menu;

2, setting/control panel;

3, t= taskbar and start menu, press enter.
If your using Xp, you just need to tab until you hear,
hide inactive icons, the box should be unchecked, so press spacebar to check

this box.
you will now see customize dialog button. The next 3 steps are for vista
users.
4, shift tab one time, you should hear,
taskbar tab.
5, right arrow until you hear;
Notification area tab.
6, tab one time you should hear;
Hide inactive icons this is unchecked, press spacebar to check.
7, tab enter on,
Icons customize....
8, now, down arrow until you hear,
Network connection,
right arrow, a combo box will open,
down arrow to show.
9, now tab, and enter on okay.

this should get your icon back into the system tray.
these same steps will apply, if you want to remove a icon from your system
tray.