From: "Tom Behler" <tombehler@...>
To: "Jaws users e-mail list" <jfw@...>
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:12 AM
Subject: one more Jaws Activation question

Hello again, everyone.

I successfully convinced the folks at FS to re-set my activation count back to 3, so it looks like I am now all set in that regard.

However, I have one more question about the activation process:

If I upgrade from Jaws 11 to Jaws 12 on a computer that already has Jaws 11, does the upgrade count against my number of available activations? In other words, each time I upgrade from Jaws 11 to 12, do I loose an activation?

Thanks!

Tom in Michigan

Steve <k8sp@...>

no

I successfully convinced the folks at FS to re-set my activation count back to 3, so it looks like I am now all set in that regard.

However, I have one more question about the activation process:

If I upgrade from Jaws 11 to Jaws 12 on a computer that already has Jaws 11, does the upgrade count against my number of available activations? In other words, each time I upgrade from Jaws 11 to 12, do I loose an activation?

Thanks!

Tom in Michigan

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

in a word, no.

At 03:12 AM 8/20/2011, you wrote:
Hello again, everyone.

I successfully convinced the folks at FS to re-set my activation count back to 3, so it looks like I am now all set in that regard.

However, I have one more question about the activation process:

If I upgrade from Jaws 11 to Jaws 12 on a computer that already has Jaws 11, does the upgrade count against my number of available activations? In other words, each time I upgrade from Jaws 11 to 12, do I loose an activation?

Thanks!

Tom in Michigan

Tom Behler

Charles:

I did not speak to them about additional keys.

I did it on line.

Doing so was quicker for me than going through the phone call process.

Besides, does it really matter anyway? (smile)

Tom in Michigan

Shouldn't you have Asked FS this question when you spoke to them about
adding more keys?

Just curious.

charles

I successfully convinced the folks at FS to re-set my activation count back
to 3, so it looks like I am now all set in that regard.

However, I have one more question about the activation process:

If I upgrade from Jaws 11 to Jaws 12 on a computer that already has Jaws 11,
does the upgrade count against my number of available activations? In other
words, each time I upgrade from Jaws 11 to 12, do I loose an activation?

Thanks!

Tom in Michigan

Tom Behler

That's what I thought, but it's good to get confirmation.

I appreciate the quick reply.

Tom Behler in Michigan

Upgrading between jaws versions doesn't count against your activations.
HTH.
Shane

Shane Davidson <shane@...>