Jaws and Kindle.

Marsha <marcatony@...>

HI
I have a couple of questions about the Kindle. Where can you get books?
Are they only available from Amazon? Thanks

Marsha

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

yes they're only available from Amazon, as far as I know. You may be able to borrow books from the public library soon though - it's in the works at least in Canada.

At 12:14 PM 8/16/2011, you wrote:
HI
I have a couple of questions about the Kindle. Where can you get books?
Are they only available from Amazon? Thanks

Marsha

Ann Byrne

My daughter reads text files on her Kindle.

At 12:14 PM 8/16/2011, you wrote:
HI
I have a couple of questions about the Kindle. Where can you get books?
Are they only available from Amazon? Thanks

Marsha

James Homuth

I'm still looking for what this has to do with JAWS.

James,
List Admin

At 12:14 PM 8/16/2011, you wrote:
HI
I have a couple of questions about the Kindle. Where can you get
books?
Are they only available from Amazon? Thanks

Marsha

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

James I know little of kindle but had problems with jaws and did a tandem
link up with david whitehead on Monday putting time back to august 7, and
adding jaws 11 to my jaws 12, since then my posts have not reached the list
I have tried the Test messages from this windows 7 and from my xp laptop but
they are not reaching the list, both machines have jaws 12 on and jaws 11, I
have tried the normal way of getting to you and support but not had any
response hence most relieved to see you are on the list. sorry to interupt
the kindle response it is jaws I am dealing with first and formost regards
dorothy

I'm still looking for what this has to do with JAWS.

James,
List Admin

At 12:14 PM 8/16/2011, you wrote:
HI
I have a couple of questions about the Kindle. Where can you get
books?
Are they only available from Amazon? Thanks

Marsha

Dorothy <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

james this is xp laptop in case my response did not reach you from windows 7 pc hhave just put on xplaptop which gets in the list exactly as windows 7, the system restore went back to august 7, and seemed to work only snag is wwhilst I am getting in your messages you are not getting mine and as mentioned they were before we had to either do a repair on jaws 12 or a ssystem restore, and as dell windows 7 did not have jaws 11 put back on it after a hd failure we downloaded it all shouldbe working now. sorry about kindle but it is as mentioned jaws that is on my mind kind regards dorothy Ps again I have tried the conventional methods of reaching you

I'm still looking for what this has to do with JAWS.

James,
List Admin

At 12:14 PM 8/16/2011, you wrote:
HI
I have a couple of questions about the Kindle. Where can you get
books?
Are they only available from Amazon? Thanks

Marsha

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Got message on both machines many thanks david willbe relieved as well
regards dorothy

I'm still looking for what this has to do with JAWS.

James,
List Admin

At 12:14 PM 8/16/2011, you wrote:
HI
I have a couple of questions about the Kindle. Where can you get
books?
Are they only available from Amazon? Thanks

Marsha

inthane <inthaneelf@...>

looks like blind geek zone or blind access help or one of the tech lists question it would seem James

blind geek zone Subscribe:
blindgeekzone-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Blind Access Help subscribe,
blindaccesshelp-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or try this tech list, The subscription address is:
chat-subscribe@mobile-access.info

laters,
elf
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
www.alacorncomputer.com
. proprietor: Inthane's Grab Bag
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com

I'm still looking for what this has to do with JAWS.

James,
List Admin

At 12:14 PM 8/16/2011, you wrote:
HI
I have a couple of questions about the Kindle. Where can you get
books?
Are they only available from Amazon? Thanks

Marsha

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Does one use it as if it were an external drive? I never thought of
that.