Subject: [Bulk] jaws not reading next msg after ctrl-d delete
From: "michael mcglashon" <michael.mcglashon@...>
Date: 08-08-2011 16:18

hi guys:
the subject says it all, when I am in windows-live-mail in windows 7 and using jaws 12, I used to hear the reading of the next msg automatically when I
hit ctrl-d to delete one. now, all of a sudden in the last couple of days, when I hit ctrl-d to delete a msg, I then have to hit insert-escape to refresh
the screen before it will read the next msg? any one else seen this?

mike mcglashon

the complete jaws number is 12.0.525

What is the complete version number of JAWS? i.e. 12.0.1669.

Dave Carlson
Produced on a Nokia N95 using Nuance TALKS screen-reading software.

the subject says it all, when I am in windows-live-mail in windows 7 and using jaws 12, I used to hear the reading of the next msg automatically when I
hit ctrl-d to delete one. now, all of a sudden in the last couple of days, when I hit ctrl-d to delete a msg, I then have to hit insert-escape to refresh
the screen before it will read the next msg? any one else seen this?

Dave...

Michael,

You may benefit by updating to 12.0.1669. However go to
http://www.freedomscientific.com and check the "What's new" and
"Enhancements and Fixes" files to make sure that WLM has been covered in
releases after 12.0.525. I vaguely recall that there have been some attempts
to make things better for WLM.

However it's at the expense of screwing up Excel 2007, so be wary before you
update.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.

What is the complete version number of JAWS? i.e. 12.0.1669.

Dave Carlson
Produced on a Nokia N95 using Nuance TALKS screen-reading software.

the subject says it all, when I am in windows-live-mail in windows 7 and
using jaws 12, I used to hear the reading of the next msg automatically when
hit ctrl-d to delete one. now, all of a sudden in the last couple of days,
when I hit ctrl-d to delete a msg, I then have to hit insert-escape to
refresh
the screen before it will read the next msg? any one else seen this?

Londa Peterson <lpeterson@...>

That problem with excel 2007 can be fixed. I did it by removing JAWS 12
completely. This includes shared files and user settings. Then I Installed
the latest version. My Excel works fine now.

What is the complete version number of JAWS? i.e. 12.0.1669.

Dave Carlson
Produced on a Nokia N95 using Nuance TALKS screen-reading software.

the subject says it all, when I am in windows-live-mail in windows 7 and
using jaws 12, I used to hear the reading of the next msg automatically when
hit ctrl-d to delete one. now, all of a sudden in the last couple of days,
when I hit ctrl-d to delete a msg, I then have to hit insert-escape to
refresh
the screen before it will read the next msg? any one else seen this?

dennis <dennis.cornelison@...>

that seams to have fixed some other issues here as well.

That problem with excel 2007 can be fixed. I did it by removing JAWS 12
completely. This includes shared files and user settings. Then I Installed
the latest version. My Excel works fine now.

What is the complete version number of JAWS? i.e. 12.0.1669.

Dave Carlson
Produced on a Nokia N95 using Nuance TALKS screen-reading software.

the subject says it all, when I am in windows-live-mail in windows 7 and
using jaws 12, I used to hear the reading of the next msg automatically when
hit ctrl-d to delete one. now, all of a sudden in the last couple of days,
when I hit ctrl-d to delete a msg, I then have to hit insert-escape to
refresh
the screen before it will read the next msg? any one else seen this?

Graham Smith <g.smith577@...>

It would be nice to know if there is only one person with excel problems, seem strange.

That problem with excel 2007 can be fixed. I did it by removing JAWS 12
completely. This includes shared files and user settings. Then I Installed
the latest version. My Excel works fine now.

What is the complete version number of JAWS? i.e. 12.0.1669.

Dave Carlson
Produced on a Nokia N95 using Nuance TALKS screen-reading software.

the subject says it all, when I am in windows-live-mail in windows 7 and
using jaws 12, I used to hear the reading of the next msg automatically when
hit ctrl-d to delete one. now, all of a sudden in the last couple of days,
when I hit ctrl-d to delete a msg, I then have to hit insert-escape to
refresh
the screen before it will read the next msg? any one else seen this?

Adrian Spratt

Others have reported similar experiences.

It would be nice to know if there is only one person with excel
problems, seem strange.

That problem with excel 2007 can be fixed. I did it by removing JAWS 12
completely. This includes shared files and user settings. Then I Installed
the latest version. My Excel works fine now.

What is the complete version number of JAWS? i.e. 12.0.1669.

Dave Carlson
Produced on a Nokia N95 using Nuance TALKS screen-reading software.

the subject says it all, when I am in windows-live-mail in windows 7 and
using jaws 12, I used to hear the reading of the next msg automatically when
hit ctrl-d to delete one. now, all of a sudden in the last couple of days,
when I hit ctrl-d to delete a msg, I then have to hit insert-escape to
refresh
the screen before it will read the next msg? any one else seen this?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

These last two releases just don't play well with 2007. I'd love to
hear from anybody off list who runs this version of Office on 11 or
higher with XP. I believe the problems you guys are talking about are
with later OS's, but an FS developer told me the company had little
remaining interest in XP performance.

It would be nice to know if there is only one person with excel
problems, seem strange.

You may benefit by updating to 12.0.1669. However go to
http://www.freedomscientific.com and check the "What's new" and
"Enhancements and Fixes" files to make sure that WLM has been covered in
releases after 12.0.525. I vaguely recall that there have been some
attempts

to make things better for WLM.

However it's at the expense of screwing up Excel 2007, so be wary before
you

update.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my
comfort
to my Audio Recording and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area. But
I'll
try to remedy that situation.

What is the complete version number of JAWS? i.e. 12.0.1669.

Dave Carlson
Produced on a Nokia N95 using Nuance TALKS screen-reading software.

the subject says it all, when I am in windows-live-mail in windows 7 and
using jaws 12, I used to hear the reading of the next msg automatically
when
hit ctrl-d to delete one. now, all of a sudden in the last couple of
days,
when I hit ctrl-d to delete a msg, I then have to hit insert-escape to
refresh
the screen before it will read the next msg? any one else seen this?

Londa Peterson <lpeterson@...>

I'm running the latest version of JAWS, Office 2007 and Windows XP
Professional on my computer at work. It seems to work fine since I did the
clean reinstall. It's slow at times, but my computer is also 9 years old.
I may be getting a new one soon with the same configuration listed above.
I'll let people know how it is.

It would be nice to know if there is only one person with excel
problems, seem strange.

What is the complete version number of JAWS? i.e. 12.0.1669.

Dave Carlson
Produced on a Nokia N95 using Nuance TALKS screen-reading software.

the subject says it all, when I am in windows-live-mail in windows 7 and
using jaws 12, I used to hear the reading of the next msg automatically
when
hit ctrl-d to delete one. now, all of a sudden in the last couple of
days,
when I hit ctrl-d to delete a msg, I then have to hit insert-escape to
refresh
the screen before it will read the next msg? any one else seen this?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

With that kind of setup, I really want to talk to you off list, if you
don't mind.