From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Spencer McLean" <smclean@...>
To: <jfw@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 22:34
Subject: [Bulk] Select A Graphic.

Hi:

I've been searching high and low for where, in Keyboard Manager, one
changes Select A Graphic from the carpal-tunnel-inducing ctrl+insert+G -- at
least on my keyboard anyway -- to something more reasonable. Select a
Link/Form Field/Frame/Heading etc. are there under IE, but no Select a
Graphic. Can anyone save my poor wrist by pointing me in the right
direction?

Apologies if this isn't a list for such questions.

Spence

Spencer McLean <smclean@...>

Hi Dave:

I see your confusion. In Default.JKM, ctrl+insert+G is auto select graphics; I see that now. Whatever auto label graphics is... But if you're in IE, and you're on a webpage with graphics, CTRL+INSERT+G pulls up a list of graphics you can surf to on the page, just like INSERT+F5, F6 and F7 do for forms, links, headings, etc. and just like CTRL+INSERT+Z, X, R pull up lists of divisions, checkboxes, radio buttons. I can't find any of these keystrokes in any of the .JKMs.

Might've caused confusion by calling it Select A Graphic, but that's the title of the list box that's pulled up with CTRL+INSERT+G.

So just to be ultra clear, in IE, CTRL+INSERT+G creates a list box of all the available graphic links on the page. And I'd like to be able to re-task that to something else. But it, along with its brethren, CTRL+INSERT+Z, X, R, Q, C, P, and O, aren't in default.jkm, or Internet-explorer.jkm, at least not that I can see. I checked the other logical .JKMs too and I didn't see them. But they have to be somewhere!

Spence

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Farfar on Laptop wrote:

Spence,

Now after reading your original inquiry, I admit I'm stumped. In one part
you are asking about the keyboard manager and finding the Insert+Ctrl+G
keystroke for the purpose of changing it.

That keystroke is "Auto Label Graphics" -- not select graphic.

Then you ask about navigation keys in Internet Explorer and why the
keystroke to select graphics must be so difficult.

Well in Internet Explorer the keystroke to select a graphic on a web page is
simply G. Perhaps you already know that.

There is no keystroke that I'm aware of like forms list, links, list, or
headings list to list all graphics on a web page.

Don't know how this relates to Insert+Ctrl+G, and perhaps you can illuminate
us on that point?

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.

I've been searching high and low for where, in Keyboard Manager, one
changes Select A Graphic from the carpal-tunnel-inducing ctrl+insert+G -- at
least on my keyboard anyway -- to something more reasonable. Select a
Link/Form Field/Frame/Heading etc. are there under IE, but no Select a
Graphic. Can anyone save my poor wrist by pointing me in the right
direction?

Apologies if this isn't a list for such questions.

Spence

Dave...

Spence,

Well, shine my shoes! Had no idea that JAWS had added so many other
list-related keystrokes. Odd that they would have used the "Auto Label
Graphics" keystroke to mean something completely different in IE. Just goes
to show that some parts of Freedom Scientific are not communicating with
others. Don't even ask me about whether the Excel folks are talking to the
Virtual Ribbon folks -- they are proving that they are not on speaking
terms.

In any case, I'll look around a bit to see if I can find where/how they are
re-defining that keystroke.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.

I've been searching high and low for where, in Keyboard Manager, one
changes Select A Graphic from the carpal-tunnel-inducing ctrl+insert+G --
at
least on my keyboard anyway -- to something more reasonable. Select a
Link/Form Field/Frame/Heading etc. are there under IE, but no Select a
Graphic. Can anyone save my poor wrist by pointing me in the right
direction?

Apologies if this isn't a list for such questions.

Spence

Dave...

Spence,

Well, I looked and cannot find it, either. I can't even find the other ones,
like Ctrl+Insert+Z or Ctrl+Insert+L. They must be in a hidden, or disguised
file somewhere, or else hard-coded into the scripts. Have you asked FS Tech
Support for help on this?

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.

I've been searching high and low for where, in Keyboard Manager, one
changes Select A Graphic from the carpal-tunnel-inducing ctrl+insert+G --
at
least on my keyboard anyway -- to something more reasonable. Select a
Link/Form Field/Frame/Heading etc. are there under IE, but no Select a
Graphic. Can anyone save my poor wrist by pointing me in the right
direction?

Apologies if this isn't a list for such questions.

Spence

Adrian Spratt

Spence and Dave,

Using insert-control-g is a great tip for navigating Audible.com and other
websites. I just experimented with it. I have been navigating Audible by
pressing g, but this is much more efficient.

This subject gets even more curious. I speculated that creation of a
graphics list in IE might be an accidental byproduct of the way the command
works, but that isn't the case. It doesn't even try to automatically label
graphics.

As another experiment, I pressed insert-g (activates graphics labeler) on
some of the graphics in the list, and JAWS didn't respond at all. Then I
escaped out of the list and used the search command to land back on a
graphic. JAWS announced focus wasn't on a graphic, even though I confirmed
it was.

I have long been stymied by the graphics labeler, and my perplexity only
deepens.

[...]

Dave Carlson From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough
for my comfort to my Audio Recording and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay
Area. But I'll try to remedy that situation.

I've been searching high and low for where, in Keyboard Manager, one changes
Select A Graphic from the carpal-tunnel-inducing ctrl+insert+G -- at least
on my keyboard anyway -- to something more reasonable. Select a Link/Form
Field/Frame/Heading etc. are there under IE, but no Select a Graphic. Can
anyone save my poor wrist by pointing me in the right direction?

Apologies if this isn't a list for such questions.

Spence

Mike & Barbara In Arcadia <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Spence,

I am running XP, IE8, & Jaws10, 11, & 12 & the control, insert, + G, does as
advertised. But, I told someone about this keystroke who is running
Windows7 & IE9 & the keystroke started the auto graphics label function. Is
this keystroke supposed to work in IE9 as well? All input will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks much, take care.
Mike

I see your confusion. In Default.JKM, ctrl+insert+G is auto select
graphics; I see that now. Whatever auto label graphics is... But if
you're in
IE, and you're on a webpage with graphics, CTRL+INSERT+G pulls up a list
of
graphics you can surf to on the page, just like INSERT+F5, F6 and F7 do
for
forms, links, headings, etc. and just like CTRL+INSERT+Z, X, R pull up
lists
of divisions, checkboxes, radio buttons. I can't find any of these
keystrokes
in any of the .JKMs.

Might've caused confusion by calling it Select A Graphic, but that's
the
title of the list box that's pulled up with CTRL+INSERT+G.

So just to be ultra clear, in IE, CTRL+INSERT+G creates a list box of
all the available graphic links on the page. And I'd like to be able to
re-task that to something else. But it, along with its brethren,
CTRL+INSERT+Z, X, R, Q, C, P, and O, aren't in default.jkm, or
Internet-explorer.jkm, at least not that I can see. I checked the other
logical .JKMs too and I didn't see them. But they have to be somewhere!

Spence

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Farfar on Laptop wrote:

> Spence,
>
> Now after reading your original inquiry, I admit I'm stumped. In one
part
> you are asking about the keyboard manager and finding the Insert+Ctrl+G
> keystroke for the purpose of changing it.
>
> That keystroke is "Auto Label Graphics" -- not select graphic.
>
> Then you ask about navigation keys in Internet Explorer and why the
> keystroke to select graphics must be so difficult.
>
> Well in Internet Explorer the keystroke to select a graphic on a web
page is
> simply G. Perhaps you already know that.
>
> There is no keystroke that I'm aware of like forms list, links, list, or
> headings list to list all graphics on a web page.
>
> Don't know how this relates to Insert+Ctrl+G, and perhaps you can
illuminate
> us on that point?
>
> Dave Carlson
> From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my
comfort
> to my Audio Recording and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area. But
I'll
> try to remedy that situation.

Spencer McLean <smclean@...>

Hi Mike:

I, like you, am running XP with IE8 and Jaws+10. I don't have any knowledge for you on Windows 7 and how it behaves there. I think I do know what happened though.

It looks like these CTRL+INSERT+g, z, r, etc. commands are Jaws scripts that have been plunkd into IE. I found them by playing around with the Jaws key describer. and there's code for them in virtual.jss. So maybe someone wrote them up and just forgot or neglected to document them. Anyway, suggest to him to try it in IE. If that doesn't work, maybe you can throw him your virtual.jss and default.jkm files and see if that helps. Here's the list of files in which there's a reference to the SelectAGraphic script:

common.jsm
Default.JKM
Default.JKM
Default.JSB
Default.JSS
Virtual.jsb
Virtual.jsd
Virtual.jss
Virtual.jss

Good luck,
Spence

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Mike & Barbara In Arcadia wrote:

Hi Spence,

I am running XP, IE8, & Jaws10, 11, & 12 & the control, insert, + G, does as
advertised. But, I told someone about this keystroke who is running
Windows7 & IE9 & the keystroke started the auto graphics label function. Is
this keystroke supposed to work in IE9 as well? All input will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks much, take care.
Mike

I see your confusion. In Default.JKM, ctrl+insert+G is auto select
graphics; I see that now. Whatever auto label graphics is... But if
you're in
IE, and you're on a webpage with graphics, CTRL+INSERT+G pulls up a list
of
graphics you can surf to on the page, just like INSERT+F5, F6 and F7 do
for
forms, links, headings, etc. and just like CTRL+INSERT+Z, X, R pull up
lists
of divisions, checkboxes, radio buttons. I can't find any of these
keystrokes
in any of the .JKMs.

Might've caused confusion by calling it Select A Graphic, but that's
the
title of the list box that's pulled up with CTRL+INSERT+G.

So just to be ultra clear, in IE, CTRL+INSERT+G creates a list box of
all the available graphic links on the page. And I'd like to be able to
re-task that to something else. But it, along with its brethren,
CTRL+INSERT+Z, X, R, Q, C, P, and O, aren't in default.jkm, or
Internet-explorer.jkm, at least not that I can see. I checked the other
logical .JKMs too and I didn't see them. But they have to be somewhere!

Spence

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Farfar on Laptop wrote:

> Spence,
>
> Now after reading your original inquiry, I admit I'm stumped. In one
part
> you are asking about the keyboard manager and finding the Insert+Ctrl+G
> keystroke for the purpose of changing it.
>
> That keystroke is "Auto Label Graphics" -- not select graphic.
>
> Then you ask about navigation keys in Internet Explorer and why the
> keystroke to select graphics must be so difficult.
>
> Well in Internet Explorer the keystroke to select a graphic on a web
page is
> simply G. Perhaps you already know that.
>
> There is no keystroke that I'm aware of like forms list, links, list, or
> headings list to list all graphics on a web page.
>
> Don't know how this relates to Insert+Ctrl+G, and perhaps you can
illuminate
> us on that point?
>
> Dave Carlson
> From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my
comfort
> to my Audio Recording and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area. But
I'll
> try to remedy that situation.

Mrdin <mrdin8877@...>

Hi,
In HTML documents, select a graphic is CTRL+Insert+G, the same as auto label graphic.

On 8/8/2011 10:34 PM, Farfar on Laptop wrote:
Spence,

Now after reading your original inquiry, I admit I'm stumped. In one part
you are asking about the keyboard manager and finding the Insert+Ctrl+G
keystroke for the purpose of changing it.

That keystroke is "Auto Label Graphics" -- not select graphic.

Then you ask about navigation keys in Internet Explorer and why the
keystroke to select graphics must be so difficult.

Well in Internet Explorer the keystroke to select a graphic on a web page is
simply G. Perhaps you already know that.

There is no keystroke that I'm aware of like forms list, links, list, or
headings list to list all graphics on a web page.

Don't know how this relates to Insert+Ctrl+G, and perhaps you can illuminate
us on that point?

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.

I've been searching high and low for where, in Keyboard Manager, one
changes Select A Graphic from the carpal-tunnel-inducing ctrl+insert+G -- at
least on my keyboard anyway -- to something more reasonable. Select a
Link/Form Field/Frame/Heading etc. are there under IE, but no Select a
Graphic. Can anyone save my poor wrist by pointing me in the right
direction?

Apologies if this isn't a list for such questions.

Spence

Dave...

Mrdin,

You wrote:

"In HTML documents, select a graphic is CTRL+Insert+G, the same as auto
label graphic."

And that makes so little sense that I wonder who is actually in control of
FS and their development (so-called) of JAWS. I think it's another version
of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.

I've been searching high and low for where, in Keyboard Manager, one
changes Select A Graphic from the carpal-tunnel-inducing ctrl+insert+G --
at
least on my keyboard anyway -- to something more reasonable. Select a
Link/Form Field/Frame/Heading etc. are there under IE, but no Select a
Graphic. Can anyone save my poor wrist by pointing me in the right
direction?

Apologies if this isn't a list for such questions.

Spence

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

This is interesting. I had begun to wonder if it was a keyboard-BIOS
thing.

I've never mentioned this on list, but alternate say all has never
worked on this Dell in my office. In the beginning I think I was able
to accomplish it with Ctrl-Say All, which most will recognize as
paragraph reading, but that hasn't worked for a while now. If you try
it the regular way, you get nothing. If you go into the Voices menu, you
get an error message, and you're lucky if JAWS doesn't crash. These
machines are about 6 years old.

--
at
least on my keyboard anyway -- to something more reasonable. Select a
Link/Form Field/Frame/Heading etc. are there under IE, but no Select a
Graphic. Can anyone save my poor wrist by pointing me in the right
direction?

Apologies if this isn't a list for such questions.

Spence

djasister@...

Okay then how it is used?