From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Spencer McLean
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 1:35 AM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: Select A Graphic.

Hi:

I've been searching high and low for where, in Keyboard Manager, one

changes Select A Graphic from the carpal-tunnel-inducing ctrl+insert+G -- at

least on my keyboard anyway -- to something more reasonable. Select a
Link/Form Field/Frame/Heading etc. are there under IE, but no Select a
Graphic. Can anyone save my poor wrist by pointing me in the right
direction?

Apologies if this isn't a list for such questions.

Spence

Spencer McLean <smclean@...>

My keyboard has the insert key at an odd position. It's on a row with the function keys, near the end. It's not a matter of life or death or anything, but I'd love to re-task it to something simpler. Searching Audible.com with list graphics makes the site so accessible!

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Adrian Spratt wrote:

Spencer,

Your question is about a JAWS feature. I don't have a direct answer, but I'm
curious why you find this particular key combo such a strain, as compared
to, say, insert-alt-w for virtualizing the current window. With my right
hand, I put my little finger on the numbpad's insert key and my thumb on the
control key. My left hand's forefinger goes on the g. If you're using the
laptop keyboard layout, I'd think it's even easier on the hands.