Topics

JAWS and Safe mode in Windows

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

Hi,

Do you have a link to the file I can download, so I can use JAWS in Safe mode (I have a USB sound card), and can I also use the file if I using Windows 7 64-bit?

Very thanks.

Regards,
Anders
--- cjackson102@cox.net wrote---
but their is a file that you can download to the registry that will allow you to load screen readers like nvda or ones who don't use mirror drivers if you have a usb sound card.

curtis jackson

you will need a screen reader without a mirror driver and yes you can run it in windows 64 bit someone had posted the file earlier can they please repost as I have problems getting it on the list someone contacted me off list and I got it to them

On Aug 7, 2011, at 9:46 AM, Anders Boholdt-Petersen wrote:

Hi,

Do you have a link to the file I can download, so I can use JAWS in Safe mode (I have a USB sound card), and can I also use the file if I using Windows 7 64-bit?

Very thanks.

Regards,
Anders
--- cjackson102@cox.net wrote---
but their is a file that you can download to the registry that will allow you to load screen readers like nvda or ones who don't use mirror drivers if you have a usb sound card.

Mike & Barbara In Arcadia <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Curtis & Anders,

Below is the SendSpace download link for the safe mode file.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/03tej9

I checked this link before posting it, & it is still working. Hope this
helps. Take care.
Mike

you will need a screen reader without a mirror driver and yes you can run
it in windows 64 bit someone had posted the file earlier can they please
repost as I have problems getting it on the list someone contacted me off
list and I got it to them
On Aug 7, 2011, at 9:46 AM, Anders Boholdt-Petersen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you have a link to the file I can download, so I can use JAWS in Safe
mode (I have a USB sound card), and can I also use the file if I using
Windows 7 64-bit?

> Very thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Anders
> --- cjackson102@cox.net wrote---
> but their is a file that you can download to the registry that will
allow you to load screen readers like nvda or ones who don't use mirror
drivers if you have a usb sound card.

Adrian Spratt

Hi, Mike.

Did you run the file? I can't find any third-party information about it.
Also, as Dave notes, the documentation mentions only Windows 7. I'm wary of
installing a little program like this into my XP registry.