From: Morey Worthington
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:41 PM
To: Jfw@...
Subject: IE8 and IE9 crashing with Jaws 12

Morning all,
Using Win/7 Home Premium, and Jaws 12. When using Internet Explorer
(8 or9), and the newest versions of Jaws 12, newest bill and a older
bill, IE just stops working. I get a message that IE has shut down
and Windows is looking for a answer. Sometimes IE will come back
asking me, or should I say telling me, that the last browsing session
has shut down, would I like to restart it.
Any thoughts on why the IE problems?
Maybe IE is corrupted. This happens in both IE8 and 9.
I am baffled. Did a scan disc and a defrag also but with no good results.
Any help appreciated.
Morey Worthington

Adrian Spratt

In the past, other listers have suggested looking down your list of add-ons
in IE's tools/options and disabling them one by one to see if the cause of
the crashes lies there.

I don't have this problem with IE, but I do with Firefox. Computers are
eccentric beings. Btw, I have XP Pro, not Windows 7.

Using Win/7 Home Premium, and Jaws 12. When using Internet Explorer
(8 or9), and the newest versions of Jaws 12, newest bill and a older
bill, IE just stops working. I get a message that IE has shut down
and Windows is looking for a answer. Sometimes IE will come back
asking me, or should I say telling me, that the last browsing session
has shut down, would I like to restart it.
Any thoughts on why the IE problems?
Maybe IE is corrupted. This happens in both IE8 and 9.
I am baffled. Did a scan disc and a defrag also but with no good results.
Any help appreciated.
Morey Worthington

ken lawrence

I've noticed that too don't think it's a corupt browser I think it's some kind of little hickup in the brows or windows. if it happens only periodically don't think you have to worry. if it continues then do an antivirus/antimalware scan. but I have had it. I think sometimes it what ever site you're on too like on blip FM. I think that flash heavy site sometimes gums up the works.

Using Win/7 Home Premium, and Jaws 12. When using Internet Explorer
(8 or9), and the newest versions of Jaws 12, newest bill and a older
bill, IE just stops working. I get a message that IE has shut down
and Windows is looking for a answer. Sometimes IE will come back
asking me, or should I say telling me, that the last browsing session
has shut down, would I like to restart it.
Any thoughts on why the IE problems?
Maybe IE is corrupted. This happens in both IE8 and 9.
I am baffled. Did a scan disc and a defrag also but with no good results.
Any help appreciated.
Morey Worthington

Morey Worthington

Hi Adrian and all others who gave suggestions.
Will try them all and if any of them help, will let everyone know.
If not, might do a complete re-install of Win/7.
Thanks,
Morey

alice dampman humel <alicedh@...>

Hi, Adrian and all,
where does one find these add ons?
I don't so much encounter the closing thing, but I get the dialog
box about an error report or that JAWS box that spells somehting
or other out, say next line I think it is, and when I click
"don't send," the whole thing goes away. I encounter this on many
web sites...maybe this add on thing is the problem there, too?
Thanks.
Alice
alicedh@...

Using Win/7 Home Premium, and Jaws 12. When using Internet
Explorer
(8 or9), and the newest versions of Jaws 12, newest bill and a
older
bill, IE just stops working. I get a message that IE has shut
down
and Windows is looking for a answer. Sometimes IE will come back
asking me, or should I say telling me, that the last browsing
session
has shut down, would I like to restart it.
Any thoughts on why the IE problems?
Maybe IE is corrupted. This happens in both IE8 and 9.
I am baffled. Did a scan disc and a defrag also but with no good
results.
Any help appreciated.
Morey Worthington

Adrian Spratt

Alice,

In IE8, go to tools with alt-t, then arrow up or down to "Manage add-ons,"
which you can also reach by pressing a.

I'm not at all sure the problem is with add-ons, but when all else fails, it
might be worth a try.

Using Win/7 Home Premium, and Jaws 12. When using Internet
Explorer
(8 or9), and the newest versions of Jaws 12, newest bill and a
older
bill, IE just stops working. I get a message that IE has shut
down
and Windows is looking for a answer. Sometimes IE will come back
asking me, or should I say telling me, that the last browsing
session
has shut down, would I like to restart it.
Any thoughts on why the IE problems?
Maybe IE is corrupted. This happens in both IE8 and 9.
I am baffled. Did a scan disc and a defrag also but with no good
results.
Any help appreciated.
Morey Worthington

Peter Holdstock <peterholdstock@...>

I completely reset IE9 so all add ons were removed but still had the problem.

Peter

Using Win/7 Home Premium, and Jaws 12. When using Internet Explorer
(8 or9), and the newest versions of Jaws 12, newest bill and a older
bill, IE just stops working. I get a message that IE has shut down
and Windows is looking for a answer. Sometimes IE will come back
asking me, or should I say telling me, that the last browsing session
has shut down, would I like to restart it.
Any thoughts on why the IE problems?
Maybe IE is corrupted. This happens in both IE8 and 9.
I am baffled. Did a scan disc and a defrag also but with no good results.
Any help appreciated.
Morey Worthington

Peter Holdstock <peterholdstock@...>

Don't bother with the full reinstall. I did it three times for various reasons and still the problems persist. All worked fine until a few weeks ago I think.

Peter

Hi Adrian and all others who gave suggestions.
Will try them all and if any of them help, will let everyone know.
If not, might do a complete re-install of Win/7.
Thanks,
Morey

Crystal French

Well, I gave the latest version of Jaws 12 a go, and, it turned out to be even worse.

Not only was Jaws crashing in IE 8, but was crashing in other programs as well, such as in Outlook Express.

So, I'm back to Jaws 11. <sigh>

I have to say, at least on my cmputer, Jaws 12 has been a muddled mess.

Maybe it is my imagination, but it seems like FS keeps putting out Jaws 12 builds every time I turn around, and nothing get fixed.

I don't expect perfection, but it sure would be nice if Jaws would just keep talking like it is supposed to do.

Hey, it's hot, I'm in Texas, and just being a bit cranky today.

Crystal

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Hi Crystal.

I can only report that Jaws 12 seems to work fine here. I have 11 around just in case, but at least with the latest version of 12, things appear to be working well.

That's on a new system running Windows 7 64-bit. Maybe JFW 12 throws a fit if it's on an older machine with Vista or XP? I don't know.

Chris, also hot here in Ontario Canada. 90 plus humidity that is - probably not as hot as it is in Texas.

Crystal French

Hi Chris,
I think you may be right about the older computer.

Mine is an XP Home, and I keep babying it along.

I guess the disparity between computer systems that Jaws is trying to span these days may be asking a lot.

It's just that I do remember early versions of Jaws where constant nose dives were not such an issue.

I sure don't know the answer, but trying to keep up with technology is a lot, as they say, like herding cats.

Crystal