From: "Ann byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: Entries In Excel

The operator is 'sumif', which means add the number only if an indicator is set.

To do this, you need a way to tell Excel to add the number *only if Wal-Mart is the store.

1. Set an indicator for Wal-mart. Possibly something like add numbers if column g = w. the formula looks like this:

a1+SUMIF(c1,"w",b1)

=a1 (the Wal-mart total)
b1 the column containing the amount paid for this transaction
c1=the indicator. If not 'w', the sum will not happen.
The answer will appear in the column where the formula is.

Good luck!

Add column B to column a only if column C = w

Ann Byrne

The operator is 'sumif', which means add the number only if an indicator is set.

To do this, you need a way to tell Excel to add the number *only if Wal-Mart is the store.

1. Set an indicator for Wal-mart. Possibly something like add numbers if column g = w. the formula looks like this:

a1+SUMIF(c1,"w",b1)

=a1 (the Wal-mart total)
b1 the column containing the amount paid for this transaction
c1=the indicator. If not 'w', the sum will not happen.
The answer will appear in the column where the formula is.

Good luck!

Add column B to column a only if column C = w

Steve & Shannon Cook <cookcafe@...>

Hi All,

I have our check register in Excel. If I would like to know how much we
spent at Wal Mart this year. Is there a formula or some other way we could
total these entries in steading of sorting and then totaling them? Using
jaws 12 and Excel 2010. Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve & Shannon Cook