From: "Chris Smart" <@ve3rwj>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:06 PM
Subject: RE: security

At 11:51 AM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
I use Mcafee and if you put it in the task tray it is very accessible and
works great, trend micro was a nightmare, so don't go there , but windows
defender worked well and didn't cost anything like mcafee
Windows Defender is old and has been replaced/superseeded by Microsoft Security Esentials.

Adi Kushnir <adikushnir@...>

Dave, I totally agree with you - this is the way it must be done.

I would like to request putting your response at the top of the reply rather
than under the original message. This way I don't have to read through the
original post again before reading your thoughts. If I don't understand what
you meant, I can always read down to the post you were responding to., as
long as you leave it right underneath.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

At 03:16 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
I would like to request putting your response at the top of the reply rather than under the original message. This way I don't have to read through the original post again before reading your thoughts.
Ok. I'll try to do so. Most sighted people like it the other way, so I'll adapt depending to which list I am posting.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Oops! Old habbits die hard. Ok, this should be right at the top. *LOL*

At 03:54 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
At 03:16 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
I would like to request putting your response at the top of the reply rather than under the original message. This way I don't have to read through the original post again before reading your thoughts.
Ok. I'll try to do so. Most sighted people like it the other way, so I'll adapt depending to which list I am posting.

Dave Scrimenti <dscrimenti@...>

That was really funny when I read the first message you sent saying you would put your response at the top, while actually putting it underneath. By the way, nothing scientific, but I did ask a few sighted people, and they generally preferred the response first as well. My cousin said that if he asked a number of questions in an email, he'd like the answers inside the original email to make it clear what answer goes with what question, which I agree with. But in most other cases, he'd prefer getting right to the response.

At 03:54 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
At 03:16 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
I would like to request putting your response at the top of the reply rather than under the original message. This way I don't have to read through the original post again before reading your thoughts.
Ok. I'll try to do so. Most sighted people like it the other way, so I'll adapt depending to which list I am posting.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

A bit off topic (though not completely), but the old (read, pre-mass-market-internet) accepted standard seemed to be to put your response after the message to which you were replying, but the current majority preference seems to be the reverse. That said, quoting specific parts of a message to which you intend to respond is a nice habit to get into, though it's hardly necessary for non-technical lists where there's really neither much debate or jargon, like this one.