Topics

Yahoo's New Inbox

Rick Miller

Hello All:

Yahoo has recently upgraded its e-mail system, and I am having a terrible time with it. First of all, after I log in and then find the "Go to Inbox," link and hit the Enter key, JAWS always says, "Applications Mode On." I've discovered that with applications mode on you can do such things as view your purchases, which I don't like. Is there a way you can turn Applications Mode off? I do not see such an option in JAWS Verbosity.

Second, after I locate the messages in my inbox, I cannot figure out how to go from folder to folder. The older Yahoo Mail was so much easier to handle.

Another thing that I find annoying about the new inbox is that JAWS does not designate whether messages are read or unread.

In order to use Yahoo's new inbox you have to have JAWS 11 or higher, and Internet Explorer #8. It will not work with IE #7. If you use it with IE #7 JAWS will crash. Have any of you had much success using Yahoo's new inbox with JAWS?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rick Miller

andy <starclip98@...>

I too am having trouble with yahoo and jaws 12.1167 and this has been going on for a long time. I wish jaws could support yahoo better. I tryed the new yahoo mail and it is totally unusable with jaws so i went back to the old mail. The old mail is usable but not perfect. Would any one that has any answers please let me know. I am using jaws 12.1167 with windows XP SP 3.

Rick Miller

I wish I could go back to the old mail but, unfortunately, Yahoo has removed the link that gave the option to do so. I found the old mail so much better. I found that JAWS would designate whether messages were read or unread, and at least you could go from one folder to the next. With the new Yahoo mail, you can't do that with JAWS 12. I am using the exact same version of JAWS you are, Andy, and am also using Windows XP.

Rick Miller