Topics

Admin: Mail may still be delayed for some.

James Homuth

All,

After the emergency shuffle of yesterday/today, we're still experiencing
some DNS related issues with list subscribers. Those issues are beyond my
control, but are slowly resolving themselves. However, until they do
completely, mail may be delayed for some users. I'll appologise in advance,
but know I'm keeping an eye on it from here and will update when I know more
about when we'll be back to normal.

James,
List Admin

James Homuth

No, sir. That's part of the migration issue. You'll need to reset yourself
to digest via the website.

James,
List Admin

I was set to digest, did it myself why am I getting em one at a time is that
part of the email problems? thanks

After the emergency shuffle of yesterday/today, we're still experiencing
some DNS related issues with list subscribers. Those issues are beyond my
control, but are slowly resolving themselves. However, until they do
completely, mail may be delayed for some users. I'll appologise in advance,
but know I'm keeping an eye on it from here and will update when I know more
about when we'll be back to normal.

James,
List Admin

Rocky Kahn <rocky@...>

James,

Your opt-out unsubscribe process is not working. Instead, please send out
an email asking who would like to subscribe in future (opt-in), clear out
your subscriber database, and only add back in those who ask to be added.

I'm marking all these emails as spam but because incoming messages come from
many different users, even marking them as spam isn't working. Your
maillist is acting like a spambot and you're not recognizing the impact
you're having on others.

Rocky

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:10, James Homuth <james@...> wrote:

All,

After the emergency shuffle of yesterday/today, we're still experiencing
some DNS related issues with list subscribers. Those issues are beyond my
control, but are slowly resolving themselves. However, until they do
completely, mail may be delayed for some users. I'll appologise in advance,
but know I'm keeping an eye on it from here and will update when I know
more
about when we'll be back to normal.

James,
List Admin

inthane <inthaneelf@...>

and if you fracking read his email you would know he has made an offer to folks to fix this, so go find it and read idiot!

and he did this to prevent folks from loosing continuity of posts from the list,

to you it seems to be acting like spam, to most of us its a continuation of the messages from the list and things are running fine!

inthane
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
www.alacorncomputer.com
. proprietor: Inthane's Grab Bag
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com

[...]

List Admin
(opt-out) but continue to receive all messages. Asking folks to receive an
indefinite amount of spam so that others can have continuity of posts seems
like a raw deal. Spammer can make a similar rationalization, some people
like my posts so screw everyone else.

http://grabbag.**alacorncomputer.com <http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com>
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rocky Kahn" <rocky@...>
[...]

List Admin

James Homuth

Folks,

If you were subscribed to this list after the move, it was because your
email address was on this list's previous incarnation, most likely over on
freelists.org. That list was moved to a new location, which subsequently
required a second move when that location became no longer an option. You
have the option of unsubscribing, or asking me *off-list* to do so for you.
Complaining about being on the list, especially by way of posting messages
to that list, does not a solution make.

James,
List Admin

[...]

List Admin

Edwin E. Staudt III <ed@...>

James,

Please unsubscribe me from the list. I apologize for the request, but have
made attempts to unsubscribe from the Website several times, receive
confirmation, but the action fails to complete.

Thanks for the help and Good Luck going forward.

Ed

Edwin E. Staudt III, Ph.D.
VP for Corporate Services
virtual vision Technologies
www.VirtualVisionTech.com
610. 734-0711
484. 461-8724 FAX
National Woman Owned Small Business
NWOBC Certification # CMA 4879
SWaM Certification Number: 657637

The Power of Technology & Training for Educating & Employing Disabled
Persons
Ed@...

[...]

List Admin

Shane Davidson <shane@...>

He specifically asked for off list. Please do so.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 1, 2011, at 9:00 AM, "Edwin E. Staudt III" <ed@...> wrote:

[...]

List Admin

Adrian Spratt

Shane, this was a politely stated request based on real problems people are
having unsubscribing, as others are having in trying to get back on the
list. I have written to James to suggest he provide his direct email address
in link form on his posts. Otherwise, it's hard for people who have been
away from the list to know how to contact him or Jessica, the other
moderator.

Your messages on this subject have been immoderate. Please try to be civil
out of respect for the rest of us.

[...]

List Admin

Shane Davidson <shane@...>

Why should he hand things to you on a silver pladder?
Read the from field, or even better, your oln this list, you use jaws, so
instead of pressing ctrl+r press shift+JAWSKey+R and then compose your
reply.
Watch what happens.
That's right, the list won't have to seee you wine, the original poster will
see it.
So, find a message from james, hit that keystroke, compose your message,
send, and quit wining on this list.
He's specifically asked it, multiple times, and this is getting oold.
No wonder most of the blind community is jobless, most of them, want it all
handed to them on a silver pladder just like mommy and daddy did for them as
children.
Sorry people, that's not how the real world works.

[...]

. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises "own the might and majesty of
an alacorn"
[...]

List Admin
scrubbed...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/**pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.**
com/attachments/20110630/**beac5840/attachment.html<http://lists.the-jdh.com
/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20110630/beac5840/attachment.ht
ml>

scrubbed...

inthane <inthaneelf@...>

neighbor,

again he specifically asked folks to contact him off! list!

here:
james@...

now you have the address, please do as he asked...