From: Max Hudak [mailto:maxhudak@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 4:39 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: curious about Final draft

Hello, does anyone have any experience using Final draft with jaws in any version? Tried to use a free trial versin and was not able to do anything in it . thanks Max

Max Hudak

yes, the screen reading software, thinkit was version 9 and the
program would open and just sit there could not access any of th
menus or dropdown info. what do you use for formatting screenplays
now?

On 12/1/15, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Are you talking about the screen writing software? I used Final Draft Pro 7
like ten years ago and even back then it had some issues long before the
cloud started to dominate everything. When I got my new computer in 2008 I
didn't even bother transferring the license or updating the application.

Hello, does anyone have any experience using Final draft with jaws in any
version? Tried to use a free trial versin and was not able to do anything
in it . thanks Max

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

I haven't tried writing in a while. It is something I would like to do again though. I use word 2016 for long documents and other types of literary works.

Hello, does anyone have any experience using Final draft with jaws in
any version? Tried to use a free trial versin and was not able to do
anything in it . thanks Max

Max Hudak

have been using word 2010 have a background in film production and
screenwriting was something was trying to get back into, just looking
for something to do the formatting a little bit easier. thanks

On 12/1/15, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@gmail.com> wrote:
I haven't tried writing in a while. It is something I would like to do again
though. I use word 2016 for long documents and other types of literary
works.

Hello, does anyone have any experience using Final draft with jaws in
any version? Tried to use a free trial versin and was not able to do
anything in it . thanks Max

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

I will keep a look out. I use Jaws 17 and I know people who work with scripts full time but who are sighted. I will see if I can get them to let me experiment with what they are using.

Hello, does anyone have any experience using Final draft with jaws in
any version? Tried to use a free trial versin and was not able to do
anything in it . thanks Max

Max Hudak

thank you I do appreciate that..

On 12/1/15, Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@gmail.com> wrote:
I will keep a look out. I use Jaws 17 and I know people who work with
scripts full time but who are sighted. I will see if I can get them to let
me experiment with what they are using.

Hello, does anyone have any experience using Final draft with jaws in
any version? Tried to use a free trial versin and was not able to do
anything in it . thanks Max

Kimber Gardner

I used Final Draft something like eleven or twelve years ago and,
although I got my script formatted eventually, it was very difficult.
I'd suggest figuring out what formatting you need then creating a
template in Word to do what you want.

I would also be interested in an ongoing discussion of this topic. Not
sure it's appropriate for this list, so feel free to contact me
privately. My email is, kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com

Kimber

--
Kimberly

judith bron

I've been doing my own editing for ages. There's nothing like doing your own work! I know how to format using Jaws and it works out well. Now my biggest problem is numbering the pages while not having a visible number on the first page. JB