moderated listing of emails in inbox

kevin meyers

Hello, some how my inbox is now broke down to only show emails for a certain day. It says “group by: expanded: date: today expanded” How can I have all emails shown and not have to hit enter on of these groupings?

david

hello;

you didn't indicate which email program your asking about, however, I check the properies of your message it appears your using outlook 2016,

if this is true,

try the following;

if you would like your inbox messages to show in one long list,

try,

alt+v=view,

now tab until you hear;

arrange by, alt+v/a/b,

you most likely will hear, dates checked,

or, just simply do the alt+v=view,

now press, a/b,

so, alt+v/a/b,

now, you need to shift+tab until you hear;

show in groups checked,  press the enter key, this will uncheck the group by date, and you will have a long list of email messages.

i hope this is what your wanting.

Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: listing of emails in inbox

Hello, some how my inbox is now broke down to only show emails for a certain day. It says “group by: expanded: date: today expanded” How can I have all emails shown and not have to hit enter on of these groupings?

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kevin. In case the instructions you were given to remove all groupings from Outlook are a little complicated, here is the procedure that the Microsoft Disability Services department gave me.

To Remove All Groupings From Folder

1. Open Outlook.

2. Open desired folder which is grouped.

3. Press Alt+V,A,B,W.

4. Open next folder which is grouped.

5. Press Alt+V,A,B,W again.

6. Navigate to next folder which is grouped.

7. Press Alt+V,A,B,W again.

8. Repeat steps 2, and 3 as needed until all folders are in list mode.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: listing of emails in inbox

You also have the option not to eliminate groupings but have all groups expanded.  The default view in MS-Outlook 2010 (and every version I've seen before or since is to use conversation (threaded) view, grouped by date, all groups expanded with the messages within groups being arranged from most recently received to oldest received within the group's date range.  My groups are Today, Monday, Sunday, Last Week, Two Weeks Ago, Three Weeks Ago, Earlier This Month, Last Month, Older.   All messages are shown for each, but for conversations those are collapsed by default so you don't have to plow through all the individual messages for a conversation when going through your message list.  You expand those only when you wish to get into the individual messages.  You can also set all conversations to expanded by default, but I don't recommend it.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain