How to cut and paste with JAWS 16.

Tim Ford

Adding a subject line that is descriptive.

Tim Ford

Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 9:58 AM
Subject: need help

Hello I am useing jaws 16 and windows 8.1.
I have not been a 8.1 user for all that long.
I am having trouble with cut and coppying files.
In xp and windows 7 I could select all and cut or coppy my files and move them to where I
want them. it is not letting me do this any more why?
Are there settings I need to fix or something?
Thanks!

Robert stigile

hi
these are microsoft commands not jaws commands
control c copy
control v paste control x cut

Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 9:58 AM

Hello I am useing jaws 16 and windows 8.1.
I have not been a 8.1 user for all that long.
I am having trouble with cut and coppying files.
In xp and windows 7 I could select all and cut or coppy my files and move them to where I
want them. it is not letting me do this any more why?
Are there settings I need to fix or something?
Thanks!

Ryan McManomy

ok when I have all of them sulected and I cut or coppy  and paste to a new folder nothing is coppyed over I do not know if it is jaws or windows.

Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 9:58 AM

Hello I am useing jaws 16 and windows 8.1.
I have not been a 8.1 user for all that long.
I am having trouble with cut and coppying files.
In xp and windows 7 I could select all and cut or coppy my files and move them to where I
want them. it is not letting me do this any more why?
Are there settings I need to fix or something?
Thanks!

Robert stigile

it is a microsoft issue and you should give them a call to see what they can do
i know they have a number for accessibility but unfortunately i dont have it
good luck
Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 9:58 AM

Hello I am useing jaws 16 and windows 8.1.
I have not been a 8.1 user for all that long.
I am having trouble with cut and coppying files.
In xp and windows 7 I could select all and cut or coppy my files and move them to where I
want them. it is not letting me do this any more why?
Are there settings I need to fix or something?
Thanks!

HH. Smith Jr.

Hey Ryan try this

I start out first by expanding menu with <CTRL+F1 >. Windows8.1 version16

Method 1: (easiest) Select all<CTRL+A>, Copy<CTRL+c>, then open new folder and paste<CTRL+v>

Method 2: it is best to leave menu expanded in all your file folders. i find it easier to work with.

1. Select files

2. open Home on menuBar<>ALT+H

3. Arrow to organize and press spacebar <ALT, H, O, <enter>>

4 Arrow down to Copy or move press spacebar

5. In the dropdown list choose the folder where you want files to go press enter

6. If folder not present, the last option in the list "Choose location" hit enter on it

7. Dialogue box opens in a tree view.

8. you can either create a new folder in your desired directory or arrow thru the tree view and find the desired folder then proceed with moving or copying.

Henry