From: Alex Stone [mailto:alex.stone@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 9:24 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: excel help

I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is the jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

Alex Stone <alex.stone@...>

Yes, that was what I first thought of, but it doesn't seem to work, or at least if it does, Jaws isn't speaking the item selected, and it's not appearing on my Braille display either.

On 01/12/2015 15:37, Michael Mote wrote:
I can help you with one of these questions. If you encounter a dropdown in a cell, you can use Alt plus down arrow to open it. At least that is what I used to do when using Excel 2007. That was several years ago. I hope that still works.

I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is the jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

Mcginnis, Barbara

Press Control Page up or Control Page Down to switch between excel worksheets in a workbook.

Yes, that was what I first thought of, but it doesn't seem to work, or at least if it does, Jaws isn't speaking the item selected, and it's not appearing on my Braille display either.

On 01/12/2015 15:37, Michael Mote wrote:
I can help you with one of these questions. If you encounter a dropdown in a cell, you can use Alt plus down arrow to open it. At least that is what I used to do when using Excel 2007. That was several years ago. I hope that still works.

I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is the jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

________________________________

Marianne Denning

Ctrl page down will jump from sheet to sheet in a workbook.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Alex Stone <alex.stone@...>

Thank you very much indeed!

On 01/12/2015 15:41, Mcginnis, Barbara wrote:
Press Control Page up or Control Page Down to switch between excel worksheets in a workbook.

Yes, that was what I first thought of, but it doesn't seem to work, or at least if it does, Jaws isn't speaking the item selected, and it's not appearing on my Braille display either.

On 01/12/2015 15:37, Michael Mote wrote:
I can help you with one of these questions. If you encounter a dropdown in a cell, you can use Alt plus down arrow to open it. At least that is what I used to do when using Excel 2007. That was several years ago. I hope that still works.

I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is the jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

________________________________

Marianne Denning

It is ctrl page up or ctrl page down depending on the direction you
want to go.

On 12/1/15, Marianne Denning <marianne@denningweb.com> wrote:
Ctrl page down will jump from sheet to sheet in a workbook.

On 12/1/15, Alex Stone <alex.stone@gmail.com> wrote:
I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is the
jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Nicole Massey <nyyki@...>

There are two ways to move within sheets in a workbook. You can move to adjacent sheets with control+page up or down. To jump to one press control+Space+S to bring up the sheet list, where you can navigate normally to the sheet and go there by pressing enter.

I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is the
jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

Joseph Weakland

oh wow cool i didn't know about second method described:)

There are two ways to move within sheets in a workbook. You can move to adjacent sheets with control+page up or down. To jump to one press control+Space+S to bring up the sheet list, where you can navigate normally to the sheet and go there by pressing enter.

I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is the
jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

Dale Alton <blinkydale@...>

I agree with the all of the changing of pages. I also agree with the "alt+down arrow". How do you know if it is a drop down though?

Denver Dale

I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is the jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

Ann Byrne

I think when you open the drop-down with alt-down arrow that you have to be at the top of the column, not on the first row of data. there's something weird like that.

At 06:00 PM 12/1/2015, you wrote:
I agree with the all of the changing of pages. I also agree with the "alt+down arrow". How do you know if it is a drop down though?

Denver Dale

I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is the jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

That dropdown has always been tricky. Our time sheets work that way, so I've always required supervisory help--embarrassing!
Ted

Ctrl page down will jump from sheet to sheet in a workbook.

On 12/1/15, Alex Stone <alex.stone@gmail.com> wrote:
I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is
the jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Dale Alton <blinkydale@...>

To open a drop down in Excel is like doing it on the internet, "control+down arrow".

Denver Dale

That dropdown has always been tricky. Our time sheets work that way, so I've always required supervisory help--embarrassing!
Ted

Ctrl page down will jump from sheet to sheet in a workbook.

On 12/1/15, Alex Stone <alex.stone@gmail.com> wrote:
I need a little bit of help with Excel 2007 please. Firstly what is
the jaws keystroke to switch between excel worksheets within a workbook?
Also, How do I navigate dropdowns within cells in a workbook?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

There may be hope for those time sheets yet, thanks.