NetflixScripting from DoItBlind

John Martyn

JAWS 17 has enhanced the ability to script websites, it becomes clear that what I tried years ago is now possible with the Web programming and UIA scripting. I plan to script netflix in the coming month.
Cheers,
John Martyn
DoItBlind.comAs

On 11/30/2015 5:13 PM, Lisa-Maree wrote:

Hi all,

About Netflix and accessing the next season of TV shows.

If you, by using the normal left and right arrows on the keyboard, sit on the letter S of where it states the line Season plus its number, press enter, then arrow down, you will get to the episodes of that season.  There are work arounds, but if the screen reader doesn’t say the obvious, they can’t be found.  I have windows 10, jaws 17, and I tried this with IE11.

I can see the screen to a degree, and how the screen is laid out to how jaws often reads it, does not always match.

Lisa-Maree

[...]

so far it is going well. naturally I went for the video interface and controlling it. I can rewind and fast forward with a spoken time code. Next comes the volume. Other special features will help you navigate the site and allow you to move seamlessly through the site. Things like what is viewable right now and the seasons lined up in an easy format. The code is all UIA which means 15 and up, however to take advantage of all the perks I have designed this with jaws 17 in mind, though it is possible to rename things for IE using jaws 15 and up. Nice being able to move about the movie seamlessly. Couldn't do that before.
JohnOK,

On 11/30/2015 8:53 PM, Loreal via Groups.io wrote:
[...]

I am designing it to work with firefox and IE if I can, but right now IE is the testing bed now. Shouldn't be toohard for firefox I don't think.
John

On 11/30/2015 7:06 PM, Gary King wrote:
[...]

Nicole Massey <nyyki@...>

This is probably something you've already dealt with, but you'll be able to change audio feeds too, right?

This is kate! I am so sorry that your email has not been
replied to yet but we get a ton, and I mean, a ton of email. Robert
Kingett is the CEO and we are still trying to make them see what you
highlighted as well as others. To be quite frank, they would rather not
even bother with us, but we keep emailing and calling and bugging them,
professionally, I may add. In our experience, we never hear a sincere,
sorry! Let's work on these layout designs for JAWS OR NVDA users and I
doubt we will unless we keep pushing them like we have been doing.
Would you like to email Robert Kingett, He can give you more contacts
than I can. I am just the email manager. :) Below is a message we just
got that may help.

Hi,

Hope you're well and thanks for your e-mail.

Going forward, can I suggest you contact Marlee Tart in the
global PR team please (her e-mail address is: mtart@netflix.com).

From your recent queries it's clear that your questions are
at global scale as opposed to regional/local, and this e-mail address
reaches the Australian and New Zealand PR agency team (and we don't
actually have visibility into a lot of the areas you're interested in).

[...]

Yes, I have the drop down already in programming. Locking down the volume will take sighted assistance. But I got full screen working in case you are entertaining.
There are other controls to this thing such as the play pause button that I need sighted assistance for too. It is coming along nicely.
One thing I am experimenting with is the ability to view all the playable movies in a single list such as the virtual viewer or probably the results viewer more liekly since it supports more than links. There is a ton of stuff you can do with this thing. Few years back and some programming knowledge learned, it wasn't possible. Now it is within our reach finally. The language selector is a group box that is readily viewable and also subtitles can be controlled too.
John