moderated malware bytes and registration

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

Hey guys,
OK, just got the latest malware bytes. Trying to put in my
registration key. I have it, and there is a box where i can type it.
However, i can't seem to review it. Am i doing something wrong,
anyone else had the same issue?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jed,

With Malwarebytes 3.XXX the activation screen will show only a field to enter the KEY.

Directly beneath that is a check box that reads "My license came with a License ID". When this box is checked, the ID field will appear.

Therefore, your Key will go on the top line and the ID goes in the bottom line. Give copy and paste a try eliminating any unseen spaces before or after the data that has been entered.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
To: main
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2018 1:26 PM
Subject: malware bytes and registration

Hey guys,
OK, just got the latest malware bytes.  Trying to put in my
registration key.  I have it, and there is a box where i can type it.
However, i can't seem to review it.  Am i doing something wrong,

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

Hey Mike,
OK, it is not letting me paste it in. When i do a past i see nothing.
This is what i see, 2 boxes
license ID, enter your ID
license key, enter your key.
I tried pasting the key in after checking that checkbox, but i don't
see it in there, there is no edit box. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

On 5/26/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@charter.net> wrote:
Hi Jed,

With Malwarebytes 3.XXX the activation screen will show only a field to
enter the KEY.

Directly beneath that is a check box that reads "My license came with a
License ID". When this box is checked, the ID field will appear.

Therefore, your Key will go on the top line and the ID goes in the bottom
line. Give copy and paste a try eliminating any unseen spaces before or
after the data that has been entered.

Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the
end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
To: main
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2018 1:26 PM
Subject: malware bytes and registration

Hey guys,
OK, just got the latest malware bytes. Trying to put in my
registration key. I have it, and there is a box where i can type it.
However, i can't seem to review it. Am i doing something wrong,

Vlad Dragomir

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. I sent them an email, but the tech support guydidn't believe me and pretended that the registration worked perfectly fine by using only the keyboard. After days of failure, I asked someone with functioning eyes to paste that code with the mouse. It took less than a second. Maybe if more people wrote and told them about this problem... who knows.

Best regards,

Vlad.

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

I used to use Malware Bytes, but I do not find it as accessible like it used to be.

Melissa

On May 26, 2018, at 10:55 PM, Vlad Dragomir <vladdragomir1983@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. I sent them an email, but the tech support guydidn't believe me and pretended that the registration worked perfectly fine by using only the keyboard. After days of failure, I asked someone with functioning eyes to paste that code with the mouse. It took less than a second. Maybe if more people wrote and told them about this problem... who knows.

Best regards,

Vlad.

John Farley <john_farley@...>

Your approach to solving the issue is exactly the approach I had to take. Fortunately my sighted son lives at home and was able to do it quite quickly for me.

The help from support was not very helpful at all as they insisted that there was not a problem. It does seem to be a screen reader issue as I was using a different one at that time.

Regards, John.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Vlad Dragomir
Sent: 27 May 2018 03:56
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: malware bytes and registration

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. I sent them an email, but the tech
support guydidn't believe me and pretended that the registration worked
perfectly fine by using only the keyboard. After days of failure, I
asked someone with functioning eyes to paste that code with the mouse.
It took less than a second. Maybe if more people wrote and told them
about this problem... who knows.

Best regards,

Vlad.

Angel

Some time ago, I had a problem accessing some aspects of my banking site. I used multiple screen readers, with no success. Prior to calling my banking technical support line, I asked my sighted daughter to determine whether the problem lay with the site itself. That a sighted person might be able to see, and to correct, or lay with my computers lack of being able to access the site completely. We determined the fault was one which the technical support people would be unable to assist . My advice would be first to check our own computers with a sighted person. Prior to discussing anything with a telephone technical support person.

From: "John Farley via Groups.Io" <john_farley=btinternet.com@groups.io>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:24 AM

Your approach to solving the issue is exactly the approach I had to take. Fortunately my sighted son lives at home and was able to do it quite quickly for me.

The help from support was not very helpful at all as they insisted that there was not a problem. It does seem to be a screen reader issue as I was using a different one at that time.

Regards, John.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Vlad Dragomir
Sent: 27 May 2018 03:56

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. I sent them an email, but the tech
support guydidn't believe me and pretended that the registration worked
perfectly fine by using only the keyboard. After days of failure, I
asked someone with functioning eyes to paste that code with the mouse.
It took less than a second. Maybe if more people wrote and told them
about this problem... who knows.

Best regards,

Vlad.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jed,

Are you saying that you can't paste in the key code at all?  Supposedly you paste in the key code, tab 1 time and check that ID checkbox, then this opens up another field to paste the ID code into, that you either tab or shift tab to find.  I've never had a problem, and if you're having a problem I don't have any way of checking how the registration works short of uninstalling / reinstalling MWB on one of our computers.
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2018 3:56 PM

Hey Mike,
OK, it is not letting me paste it in.  When i do a past i see nothing.
This is what i see, 2 boxes
license ID, enter your ID
license key, enter your key.
I tried pasting the key in after checking that checkbox, but i don't
see it in there, there is no edit box.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

On 5/26/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi Jed,
>
> With Malwarebytes 3.XXX the activation screen will show only a field to
> enter the KEY.
>
> Directly beneath that is a check box that reads "My license came with a
> License ID". When this box is checked, the ID field will appear.
>
> Therefore, your Key will go on the top line and the ID goes in the bottom
> line. Give copy and paste a try eliminating any unseen spaces before or
> after the data that has been entered.
>
> Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
> Sent from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Jed Barton
> To: main
> Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2018 1:26 PM
> Subject: malware bytes and registration
>
>
> Hey guys,
> OK, just got the latest malware bytes.  Trying to put in my
> registration key.  I have it, and there is a box where i can type it.
> However, i can't seem to review it.  Am i doing something wrong,
> anyone else had the same issue?
>
>
>

Ed Culpepper

I have not gotten anything to speak on MalwareBytes since installing it. How do you get Jaws to read anything on the app?

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Ed. You might try the Touch Cursor, if you have JAWS and Windows 10.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ed Culpepper
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 1:44 PM

I have not gotten anything to speak on MalwareBytes since installing it. How do you get Jaws to read anything on the app?

Ed Culpepper

2nd try replying: I have not been able to get MalwareBytes to speak anything with Jaws since fumbling through installation and initial scan. Fortunately it appears to have eliminated malware that was very pernicious. How do I get the app to speak with Jaws 2018 so that I can perform needed scans?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Ed,

Jaws 2018 should work with the latest MWB straight out of the box whether it's with Windows 10 or 7.  It does take some getting used to, and below is a brief tutorial I typed up that might help.

Whenever you open MWB you will hear Jaws report various Tabs as you Tab through the interface.  The tabs are Dashboard, Scan, Quarantine, Reports, & Settings  If you press the spacebar on any one of the tabs this selects this tab and now you have to tab many times to get to this tabs options.

Let's take the Scan tab for instance.  If you check this tab., and tab several times you will come to its options for this selection.  Scan Type & Scan Schedule are its 2 options.  Press the spacebar on which option, then tab to review your choices for the selected option.  When you are through tabbing through that tabs options you will wratp around to the beginning of the innerface.  Check another tab, and you start all over again tabbing to options for the selected tab.  This is why I said earlier that the latest MWB is accessible, but requires tabbing like hell to review all the Tabs, options, & selections.

Your question about selecting Quarantined items is tough to answer because I haven't figured out a reliable & consistent way of doing this, so I use a combination of OCR, Jaws cursor, & Touch cursor gymnastics, or get someone sighted to select them all & remove!  LOL  LOL 

Here's an example I'll use on finding the scan options:
Open MWB and tab to, Scan Tab, press the spacebar to check it.
Tab to, Scan Types, and this should be checked, press the spacebar to check it if it isn't.
Tab to, Threat Scan, and this should be checked by default.  When you tab to this , Jaws should report some information about this scan.  Tab 1 time, this the Custom scan option, again Jaws should read some info about selecting this scan.  Tab 1 time, and this is the Hyper scan, and again Jaws should read information about this scan when you tab to it.  If you want to select either the, Custom, or Hyper, scans press the spacebar to select the scan, but the Threat scan, is probably your best choice and only takes a few minutes to run.
Tab 1 more time to the, Start Scan, button and press the spacebar to start.

If you ran a scan you would select the Reports tab and tab to the table of scans that you would choose from to review its results.  If you want quarantined items, select the, Quarantine tab....

It is really hard to describe this latest version of MWB, and the way I learned was to wear out my tab key, and pay close attention to various buttons, comboboxes, and whatever you will come across by selecting the diferent tabs, then reviewing the options of them.

I hope this helps, and I know I probably confused the hell out of you, but the best way to get acclamated with is to spen some time with it, paying close attention to what Jaws reports.
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:33 PM

2nd try replying: I have not been able to get MalwareBytes to speak anything with Jaws since fumbling through installation and initial scan. Fortunately it appears to have eliminated malware that was very pernicious. How do I get the app to speak with Jaws 2018 so that I can perform needed scans?

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

Thanks for this information.  I’ve had to have sighted assistance with accessing the quarantine.  I used to be able to access this independently.

Melissa

On May 27, 2018, at 7:11 PM, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

Jaws 2018 should work with the latest MWB straight out of the box whether it's with Windows 10 or 7.  It does take some getting used to, and below is a brief tutorial I typed up that might help.

Whenever you open MWB you will hear Jaws report various Tabs as you Tab through the interface.  The tabs are Dashboard, Scan, Quarantine, Reports, & Settings  If you press the spacebar on any one of the tabs this selects this tab and now you have to tab many times to get to this tabs options.

Let's take the Scan tab for instance.  If you check this tab., and tab several times you will come to its options for this selection.  Scan Type & Scan Schedule are its 2 options.  Press the spacebar on which option, then tab to review your choices for the selected option.  When you are through tabbing through that tabs options you will wratp around to the beginning of the innerface.  Check another tab, and you start all over again tabbing to options for the selected tab.  This is why I said earlier that the latest MWB is accessible, but requires tabbing like hell to review all the Tabs, options, & selections.

Your question about selecting Quarantined items is tough to answer because I haven't figured out a reliable & consistent way of doing this, so I use a combination of OCR, Jaws cursor, & Touch cursor gymnastics, or get someone sighted to select them all & remove!  LOL  LOL 

Here's an example I'll use on finding the scan options:
Open MWB and tab to, Scan Tab, press the spacebar to check it.
Tab to, Scan Types, and this should be checked, press the spacebar to check it if it isn't.
Tab to, Threat Scan, and this should be checked by default.  When you tab to this , Jaws should report some information about this scan.  Tab 1 time, this the Custom scan option, again Jaws should read some info about selecting this scan.  Tab 1 time, and this is the Hyper scan, and again Jaws should read information about this scan when you tab to it.  If you want to select either the, Custom, or Hyper, scans press the spacebar to select the scan, but the Threat scan, is probably your best choice and only takes a few minutes to run.
Tab 1 more time to the, Start Scan, button and press the spacebar to start.

If you ran a scan you would select the Reports tab and tab to the table of scans that you would choose from to review its results.  If you want quarantined items, select the, Quarantine tab....

It is really hard to describe this latest version of MWB, and the way I learned was to wear out my tab key, and pay close attention to various buttons, comboboxes, and whatever you will come across by selecting the diferent tabs, then reviewing the options of them.

I hope this helps, and I know I probably confused the hell out of you, but the best way to get acclamated with is to spen some time with it, paying close attention to what Jaws reports.
Sent from my iBarstool.
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:33 PM