moderated malware bytes and registration

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

Hey guys,
OK, just got the latest malware bytes. Trying to put in my
registration key. I have it, and there is a box where i can type it.
However, i can't seem to review it. Am i doing something wrong,
anyone else had the same issue?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jed,

With Malwarebytes 3.XXX the activation screen will show only a field to enter the KEY.

Directly beneath that is a check box that reads "My license came with a License ID". When this box is checked, the ID field will appear.

Therefore, your Key will go on the top line and the ID goes in the bottom line. Give copy and paste a try eliminating any unseen spaces before or after the data that has been entered.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

OK, just got the latest malware bytes.  Trying to put in my
registration key.  I have it, and there is a box where i can type it.
However, i can't seem to review it.  Am i doing something wrong,
anyone else had the same issue?

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

Hey Mike,
OK, it is not letting me paste it in. When i do a past i see nothing.
This is what i see, 2 boxes
license ID, enter your ID
license key, enter your key.
I tried pasting the key in after checking that checkbox, but i don't
see it in there, there is no edit box. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

On 5/26/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@charter.net> wrote:
Hi Jed,

With Malwarebytes 3.XXX the activation screen will show only a field to
enter the KEY.

Directly beneath that is a check box that reads "My license came with a
License ID". When this box is checked, the ID field will appear.

Therefore, your Key will go on the top line and the ID goes in the bottom
line. Give copy and paste a try eliminating any unseen spaces before or
after the data that has been entered.

Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
OK, just got the latest malware bytes. Trying to put in my
registration key. I have it, and there is a box where i can type it.
However, i can't seem to review it. Am i doing something wrong,
anyone else had the same issue?

Vlad Dragomir

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. I sent them an email, but the tech support guydidn't believe me and pretended that the registration worked perfectly fine by using only the keyboard. After days of failure, I asked someone with functioning eyes to paste that code with the mouse. It took less than a second. Maybe if more people wrote and told them about this problem... who knows.

Best regards,

Vlad.

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

I used to use Malware Bytes, but I do not find it as accessible like it used to be.

Melissa

On May 26, 2018, at 10:55 PM, Vlad Dragomir <vladdragomir1983@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. I sent them an email, but the tech support guydidn't believe me and pretended that the registration worked perfectly fine by using only the keyboard. After days of failure, I asked someone with functioning eyes to paste that code with the mouse. It took less than a second. Maybe if more people wrote and told them about this problem... who knows.

Best regards,

Vlad.

John Farley <john_farley@...>

Your approach to solving the issue is exactly the approach I had to take. Fortunately my sighted son lives at home and was able to do it quite quickly for me.

The help from support was not very helpful at all as they insisted that there was not a problem. It does seem to be a screen reader issue as I was using a different one at that time.

Regards, John.

I had exactly the same problem. I sent them an email, but the tech
support guydidn't believe me and pretended that the registration worked
perfectly fine by using only the keyboard. After days of failure, I
asked someone with functioning eyes to paste that code with the mouse.
It took less than a second. Maybe if more people wrote and told them
about this problem... who knows.

Best regards,

Vlad.

Angel

Some time ago, I had a problem accessing some aspects of my banking site. I used multiple screen readers, with no success. Prior to calling my banking technical support line, I asked my sighted daughter to determine whether the problem lay with the site itself. That a sighted person might be able to see, and to correct, or lay with my computers lack of being able to access the site completely. We determined the fault was one which the technical support people would be unable to assist . My advice would be first to check our own computers with a sighted person. Prior to discussing anything with a telephone technical support person.

[...]

Are you saying that you can't paste in the key code at all?  Supposedly you paste in the key code, tab 1 time and check that ID checkbox, then this opens up another field to paste the ID code into, that you either tab or shift tab to find.  I've never had a problem, and if you're having a problem I don't have any way of checking how the registration works short of uninstalling / reinstalling MWB on one of our computers.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

On 5/26/18, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
> Hi Jed,
>
> With Malwarebytes 3.XXX the activation screen will show only a field to
> enter the KEY.
>
> Directly beneath that is a check box that reads "My license came with a
> License ID". When this box is checked, the ID field will appear.
>
> Therefore, your Key will go on the top line and the ID goes in the bottom
> line. Give copy and paste a try eliminating any unseen spaces before or
> after the data that has been entered.
>
> Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
> Sent from my iBarstool.
> Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
> end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Ed Culpepper

I have not gotten anything to speak on MalwareBytes since installing it. How do you get Jaws to read anything on the app?

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Ed. You might try the Touch Cursor, if you have JAWS and Windows 10.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...