From: Marla Bernbaum [mailto:mbernbaum@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2018 11:14 AM EST
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: How to stop Jaws from saying paragraph mark in MS Word

Hi all,

Using Jaws 2018 and MS Word 2010, Jaws has started saying “paragraph
mark” at the beginning of each paragraph. I don’t know how I
accidentally turned this on, but I don’t remember the key commands or
menu location to turn it off. any help would be appreciated.
thanks, Marla

Marla Bernbaum

Thanks Mario. That did the job. --Marla

Marla, try The keystroke to toggle the formatting which is
Control+Shift+8 on the number row (above the letters).

Using Jaws 2018 and MS Word 2010, Jaws has started saying “paragraph
mark” at the beginning of each paragraph. I don’t know how I
accidentally turned this on, but I don’t remember the key commands or
menu location to turn it off. any help would be appreciated.
thanks, Marla

Ron Pelletier

Marla,

Use control-shift with the number 8 in the number row, not the one in the numeric keypad.  It is a toggle

Ron & Danvers

Using Jaws 2018 and MS Word 2010, Jaws has started saying “paragraph mark” at the beginning of each paragraph. I don’t know how I accidentally turned this on, but I don’t remember the key commands or menu location to turn it off.  any help would be appreciated.

            thanks,  Marla

CathyAnne Murtha <cathy@...>

In Microsoft Word, you can toggle paragraph marks on and off with CTRL-SHIFT-NUMBER ROW 8.  I suspect you accidentally pressed this command. Press it again and they will go away.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@...