Topics

moderated new folder in outlook 2016

louise peyton

Hello:

How do I create a new folder in outlook 2016? I want this folder not to be placed in the inbox.  Thanks in advance.

Louise Peyton

Marianne Denning

Go where you want to locate the new folder and type alt H then N. Many commands have been moved from file to home.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

david

hello;

if your wanting to create new folder in outlook,

however, you want the folder on the same level as all the other folders, and not inside the inbox,

try the following;

creating folders,

1, use the keystroke,

ctrl+shift+e=create new folder,

you will hear,

folder name edit,

so, type in the name of folder,

now tab,

you will hear;

folder contains mail and post items,

tab again, you will hear inbox,

you don't want this, so hit the home key,

you should hear;

zero, and perhaps the email account associated with the outlook,

now tab enter on ok.

now if you do a ctrl+y=go to folder, type the letter of the folder created, you should hear the folder name.

       Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

How do I create a new folder in outlook 2016? I want this folder not to be placed in the inbox.  Thanks in advance.

Louise Peyton

Steve Nutt

Hi,

I believe Control+Shift+N will do it as well, so you don’t have to dance around with the Alt key.

All the best

Steve

Go where you want to locate the new folder and type alt H then N. Many commands have been moved from file to home.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053

Steve Nutt

Sorry you’re right.  I should have said Control+Shift+E not N.

All the best

Steve

How do I create a new folder in outlook 2016? I want this folder not to be placed in the inbox.  Thanks in advance.

Louise Peyton

Lee, Amanda * <amanda.lee@...>

Hello Louise,

Along with the other suggestions, another way to create a new folder for an email list or such is to move to an email item which you would like to create a Rule for.  Press the Applications Key if your keyboard supports one or Shift-F10 and select RULES.  There is a New Folder Option determine which selection criteria, choose NEW Folder, and you tab to press Select Folder where zero ‘0’ is the topmost of the hierarchy.

Kind regards,

Amanda Lee

How do I create a new folder in outlook 2016? I want this folder not to be placed in the inbox.  Thanks in advance.

Louise Peyton

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Control-Shift-N is untitled note. Control-Shift-V will be the commands to set up a new folder in Outlook.

Best regards,

Carolyn