moderated unwanted drive f: esp

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

If I cant get rid of the drive how can I limit what goes in the drive.

I don’t want the drive collecting data sence I don’t know how it got there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matthew Horspool

Hi Nino,

Find the drive in Explorer/My Computer and press ALT+ENTER for its properties.

JAWS cursor around to the "Type" and let me know what it is. (E.G. "Network Drive", "Removable Media", "Local Disk".) I don't think we're going to be able to help you further until we have this information.

I have a nagging sense that "ESP" would stand for "Extended System Partition" but this shouldn't have been given a letter, surely? And even if that is what it is, we possibly don't want to be too hasty about getting rid of it.

Matthew

If I cant get rid of the drive how can I limit what goes in the drive.

I don’t want the drive collecting data sence I don’t know how it got there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino Dagostino

Hi Mat:

Thank you for getting back to me.

Some one has been in my computer.

That drive was on my computer for over a day.

On the third day I booted my computer and the drive was gaune.

How ever it got created it was a 500 meg drive.

Do you have any sugessions for protecting the computer from unauthorizations?

Any help would be appreciated.

Again thank you for responding to me.

If I cant get rid of the drive how can I limit what goes in the drive.

I don’t want the drive collecting data sence I don’t know how it got there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Durber

Hello Nino:

I cannot remember, if you mentioned whether you had checked in Windows Explorer, (Or whatever it is called in later versions of Windows), to find out what kind of drive it is! Tell me, Does the drive appear in the main list of drives or, does it appear in the Device with Removable Media list? Have you installed any software which creates a virtual drive as part of its installation?

Let us know, and some of us might be able to help you from there.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

If I cant get rid of the drive how can I limit what goes in the drive.

I don’t want the drive collecting data sence I don’t know how it got there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino dagostino

Hi:

The drive was there fore about three days.

When you went to file explorer the drive would be one of the selections.

I was afraid someone was getting into my computer.

The drive is now gaune.

I tried several things to remove it.

I went disk manager to remove it.

That did not work.

For now the drive is gaune but, it was scarry.

Thanks dave.

If I cant get rid of the drive how can I limit what goes in the drive.

I don’t want the drive collecting data sence I don’t know how it got there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Why didn’t you call Microsoft Accessibility and connect them to your computer to have a look?

If I cant get rid of the drive how can I limit what goes in the drive.

I don’t want the drive collecting data sence I don’t know how it got there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino Dagostino

I was to busy panicing I should have called Microsoft.

Why didn’t you call Microsoft Accessibility and connect them to your computer to have a look?

If I cant get rid of the drive how can I limit what goes in the drive.

I don’t want the drive collecting data sence I don’t know how it got there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Or you could have just googled your question and found your answer in seconds

Btw, its a system partition, and removing it would have rendered your system as much use as a door stop

Have a nice day now 😃