moderated Lost File Explorer solution to change the view..

Peter Tesar

Hello list,

The original question was how to change the File Explorer view to show the devices. I had it showing the recently used documents.

When I tried the solution I must have changed the view to show the devices.

I can’t find the answer posted nor do I know which Jaws list it was on. What is the way to change my File Explorer view back to show the recently used folders and documents?

Thank You,

Peter T.

Ann Byrne

If you are looking for "open file explorer with ..."
Press the windows key, and type "folder options". The first result is "Windows Explorer options", where you can choose whether to open file explorer to This PC or Quick Access.

Peter Tesar

Thanks, The key phrase that I needed was "Quick Access".

The switch happened so recently that I wonder if the update, to Win 10 Spring changed the setting. I will have to watch if the setting changes after the Fall version.

Peter T.